Help - Loose Convertible Latch & Clutch Pedal.......

SPARTICUZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I have two issues to deal with:

My convertible latch cover is loose and won't click into place tighly.
I took it to a dealership but the "viper tech" couldn't figure out where to access underneath to tighten and told him I don't want him experimenting on the car which he kindly agreed.
How do I get underneath the latch to tighten???

Plus my clutch pedal has excessive play, upto 1/2 inch of flopping before any type of pressure. Is this normal or is there any way to tighten that as well???

Thanks,

Leo

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the clutch pedal is like that due to design. the pedal rod has a "quick coupler" on the end, and the lock is designed with a pivot, which cannot be held tighly or it will cease to work correctly. Easy fix is to just put a small spring on the clutch pedal so the pedal is pulled against the master cylinder at all time...no free play.

OP
OP
S

SPARTICUZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the clutch pedal is like that due to design. the pedal rod has a "quick coupler" on the end, and the lock is designed with a pivot, which cannot be held tighly or it will cease to work correctly. Easy fix is to just put a small spring on the clutch pedal so the pedal is pulled against the master cylinder at all time...no free play.

Thanks, I was concerned if it was just my clutch but now that you mentioned that it was by design I can probably live with it.
Any ideas on how to access my convertible latch for tightening??
Is it from front panel where speakers are???