Help - Loose Convertible Latch & Clutch Pedal.......

SPARTICUZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I have two issues to deal with:

My convertible latch cover is loose and won't click into place tighly.
I took it to a dealership but the "viper tech" couldn't figure out where to access underneath to tighten and told him I don't want him experimenting on the car which he kindly agreed.
How do I get underneath the latch to tighten???

Plus my clutch pedal has excessive play, upto 1/2 inch of flopping before any type of pressure. Is this normal or is there any way to tighten that as well???

Thanks,

Leo

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the clutch pedal is like that due to design. the pedal rod has a "quick coupler" on the end, and the lock is designed with a pivot, which cannot be held tighly or it will cease to work correctly. Easy fix is to just put a small spring on the clutch pedal so the pedal is pulled against the master cylinder at all time...no free play.

OP
OP
S

SPARTICUZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the clutch pedal is like that due to design. the pedal rod has a "quick coupler" on the end, and the lock is designed with a pivot, which cannot be held tighly or it will cease to work correctly. Easy fix is to just put a small spring on the clutch pedal so the pedal is pulled against the master cylinder at all time...no free play.

Thanks, I was concerned if it was just my clutch but now that you mentioned that it was by design I can probably live with it.
Any ideas on how to access my convertible latch for tightening??
Is it from front panel where speakers are???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery