HELP NEEEDED!!! How do you remove the Shocks???

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey everyone, this is Ricky's brother and I'm trying to install the alden shocks on the viper for him but I can't seem to get the rear shocks off...cars up in the air...any help???

and a front bushing is missing :bonker:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The manual indicates that you need to remove the calipers, the rotor and the lower control arm I believe. I am open to hear a shortcut myself. Possibly by installin a few coil clamps to reduce the shock height a little (just during removal/installation).

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I think thats how it has to be done I ended up finding the manual and dropping it off...

talk about a BIG WASTE OF TIME when aldan can't even make sure that the bushings are on before sending out the kit...disappointed...

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
SRTRICKY and brother,

The sway bar needs to be unbolted. A little pry bar on the lower control arm or slight spring compression and out they come. No need to mess with the brakes.

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So how did the install go? Give us a review on the handling and ride.

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
aldan sent the kit without a bushing so car had to be put back together without lowering...now its time to wait for a bushing :(

OP
OP
S

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
talked with robert from aldan and he was really quick to send me a bushing. he actaully overnighted it to me and apologized for the problem. Great customer service :2tu: Car will be lowered on Saturday now :) Thanks to Brian as well :2tu: will post more details when car is done along with pictures :)

Viper TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I installed my KW's, I removed the upper control arm bolts and that made the removal and installation very easy.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4