HELP...terminated from my job, need to get out of lease

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone is interested, I was just terminated from my job on Monday and I have a 2008 Black/Black SRT-10 Coupe in perfect condition. I've done Bellenger headers and a full exhaust as well as K&N's.

I have a lease on this car and I would like to see if anyone is interested in taking this lease over. Please PM me with interest or email me at [email protected].

I need to move on this ASAP as I'm trying to aggressively cut expenses.

Ad placed in the classifieds, ViperClub Classifieds - Message - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
C

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mission Viejo, CA but transportation can be arranged.

Thank you so much everyone

Prayers to all....also, please pray for me and my family during these stressful times.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you leased the car, why did you put on headers and exhaust on it? If you still have the stock parts, put them back on and sell the aftermarket stuff.

V

Venomiss

If anyone is interested, I was just terminated from my job on Monday and I have a 2008 Black/Black SRT-10 Coupe in perfect condition. I've done Bellenger headers and a full exhaust as well as K&N's.

I have a lease on this car and I would like to see if anyone is interested in taking this lease over. Please PM me with interest or email me at [email protected].

I need to move on this ASAP as I'm trying to aggressively cut expenses.

Ad placed in the classifieds, ViperClub Classifieds - Message - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
Detailed pictures might help move it faster for your ad. Engine/Interior/ Exterior

What kind of job are you looking for?

Hopefully someone who is attending the zone event this weekend will see this and pass the information along for you.

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow $1250 a month for a lease??? thats what i pay $900 a month with 10k for my PURCHASED viper. but then again i have an old ass 2006.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
best of luck i wish i can get out of mylease to for my 08 ssg vert im at $1880 a month ,you might want to have oem exhaust back on the car and sell your exhaust,i hope you find someone to take over lease worst case just give it back to the bank,i hope things get better for you,alot of us are in the same boat.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a 2008... hasn't been smogged yet...

Good point - I forgot that you don't have to get a new car smogged. In Oregon it's even better than CA - new car registration is good for four years.

If the car changes hands in CA, or goes back to the bank, definitely take the exhaust off. Otherwise you're on the hook for the cost to make it smog legal again. It's going to be a lot better for you overall to sell the exhaust system separately (I might even be interested in it :)).

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$900 a month to own over how many years??
1200 a month for a fixed term lease might look real good to you when you are ready to sell.
That's why leases and purchases are apples and oranges.
However, I would be interested to know what the buy-out on the lease is for the black/black coupe?

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
buy out will be high most likely high,my buy out on my car as of this month is 81k,while dealers are selling brand new 09 for 68k makes me sick.i leased it at full sticker price foolish me at the time,oh well im enjoying the car and hate when it comes down to writing that ck in todays times.

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im sorry, I cant purchase your SRT, but I will send prayers your way. Its a tough time to be out of a job, but things have a way of working out for the best. :)

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that... In this economy and your need to get out quickly... if you dont sell it $5000 under wholesale you are doing well.... Good luck. Been trying to sell ours (maybe not anymore -renting good now) for 7 months with bids about 6-9k under wholesale... not retail...

V

Venomiss

Tips of things to do in the event you are let go.
These were posted on our local news.
Visit The Unemployment OfficeYou do that by getting yourself to the unemployment office immediately."Whether you got any severance or not, you may be eligible to double dip and get unemployment as well," said Richards.
Call CreditorsAlso within 24 hours, call your creditors. The silver lining of unemployment? It can be a great bargaining tool to lower interest rates or have debt forgiven.The next two things involve simplifying your life and liquidating what you can. "Keep your pennies in your pocket," Richards said.
Downgrade Everything
Downgrade what you can, like your cable and cell phone plans.
Cancel SubscriptionsCancel all subscriptions and freeze memberships to things like magazines, Netflix and fitness centers. You can always reinstate those when you're employed again.
Suspend InvestmentsSave more by suspending investment contributions."If you are contributing to your spouse's 401(k) or to a child's college fund, now might be the time, if you're laid off, to go ahead and stop those. Then, as soon as you are back up and on your feet, you can up the ante on your contributions to catch back up on your plans," Richards said.If you haven't lost your job, but you suspect it might be coming, there are some things you can do to prepare yourself.
Loan InsuranceConsider loan insurance, it may be available for home loans, car loans and even credit in the event you lose your job.
Be Indispensible
Make yourself indispensible and consider agreeing to a pay freeze, furlough or pay reduction. It's better than no salary at all.
RehearsePractice how you will handle the message if your time comes. Instead of letting your emotions take over, have a checklist of questions about your final paycheck and how your insurance will be handled.
Cobra BenefitsConsider COBRA benefits for your insurance. New laws make it a great deal for you to continue protecting your family. The employer will pay 65 percent, which is a big difference from before when you were required to pay 100 percent of COBRA benefits.
Gather Paperwork
Prepare a file of important papers that you want to make sure to carry with you when you pack your desk. Things like employee handbooks, pay check stubs and time sheets.
Job-Hunting Costs
Keep in mind that job-seeking costs money.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
which bank are you leasing from,somexs some banks will work with you on a buy out i know chrysler finacial will not budge on a buy out unless your 3 months from end of lease.in the mean time if the buy out is real high you might want to remove the bellanger set up and sell it to a fellow vca,best of luck

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jingle mail............ give 'em the keys and walk. They want 80k?? hahaha .... give 'em the keys! It's time to talk some serious trash! They accept 60k (+/-) or you bail. Sorry but your credit is screwed! F 'em, they hosed you at purchase..your turn. Call 'em!

Umm, I've been known to be a bit blunt..sorry.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RehearsePractice how you will handle the message if your time comes. Instead of letting your emotions take over, have a checklist of questions about your final paycheck and how your insurance will be handled.

This probably doesn't help the situation at all, but I'll throw it out there anyhow. I once had an employee tell me "I'm a fat black woman over the age of 45 and I have health issues that might be related to work - I'm the most protected class of worker in the world. Go ahead, just try and fire me." :omg:

She ended up filing a disability claim because the company didn't provide her with an ergonomic keyboard and ended up getting basically full salary for three years until she settled the case (for permanent disability and lots of $$$). Oh, and did I mentioned that she worked out of her own home office and never even used the computer that the company provided her in the 'real' office? Ugh...

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jingle mail............ give 'em the keys and walk. They want 80k?? hahaha .... give 'em the keys! It's time to talk some serious trash! They accept 60k (+/-) or you bail. Sorry but your credit is screwed! F 'em, they hosed you at purchase..your turn. Call 'em!

Yeah, and ruin his credit for the next 5 years. Bad advice. There are a lot of other solutions.

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i have tried that i dont understand there thinking they will rather take the car back go to the auction maybe get 45k or sell for 65k,i was very close of handing my car back to bank,the dealership which i leased from is on its way out this month feel bad for all the employees

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is this an issue? If he has cats, shouldn't it still pass??

Don't get me started on the CA smog laws... Basically, if you have ANYTHING on your car that is part of the emission system that doesn't have a CARB number prominently displayed, you can fail the visual inspection. I once failed because the smog guy couldn't 'see' the cats on my GTS (which are impossible to see with the sills in place), and I once had a guy ask me to come back with the heat shields removed from the exhaust manifolds so that he could verify that the stock manifold was in place. You don't even get to the sniff test until they do the visual...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang