Help with Alternator plug :)

AaronFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
I posted a few days ago about having a problem with my alternator. I purchased one from eBay that stated it was for 97-02 vipers. I took my alternator out today and noticed that the plug in the back was different. Pictured below is the eBay on on the left and mine on the right. Ugggggh. Did they use different alternators for different years? I noticed the wire out of my alternator runs a few inches and then there is another connector and wire that runs the rest of the distance (to the pcm I am guessing). Is it possible to swap out that short wire with one that fits this connector? The part numbers on the alternators are also different. Mine is TN121000-4221 and the eBay one is Tn121000-4360. I was really hoping to get this swapped out today, but it looks like that is not the case. Please help :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 4848662 fits 92-97 and the 4848662ab fits 98-02. to make the 4848662 fit you need a jumper harness 04848285AC. Or just take you old on to a good Alt shop and have it rebuilt.

OP
OP
A

AaronFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Tom. This was Nancy Stein's car. Any idea why it has a 92-97 alternator on it? Is this jumper harness the short cable that comes out the back?

SquadXX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fyi rebuilding is about $150 or atleast thats what i paid

OP
OP
A

AaronFL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks SquadXX. I probably should've done that from the beginning. Oh well...the newer alternator appears to be in much better condition than mine. I am almost tempted to remove the back plate off the alternators and see if the plug component can be swapped, haha. I was hoping to get the viper out this weekend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4