Hennessey 2008 ACR in One Lap of America ..... looking good !!!!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Checking this morning and Hennesseys 2008 has won 3 out of four events. The three were road courses and the other was the skid pad and it looks like there must have been an issue on the skid pad by looking at the times.
Not only did they win, but looking at the lap times they are kicking ass !!!

Here are the top ten in the three events. They were ahead about 19 seconds in the first event and 15 in the third event. That is about the same difference as number 2 and the number 10 finishers. WOW

One Lap of America - the Official Webpage

Road America - Time Trial - Results sorted by position Page 1
Pos Car # Vehicle Class Time Points

1 2 Dodge Hennessey Viper SSGT1 BB 7:43.518 360
Chris Winkler, Rob Jones
2 1 Porsche 996 Twin Turbo SSGT1 BB 8:02.123 355
Mark DaVia, Drew Wikstrom
3 25 Chevrolet Z06 Corvette SSGT1 BB 8:07.373 350
Dan Corcoran, Kyle Corcoran
4 100 Nissan GT-R SSGT1 BB 8:11.213 345
Tony Swan, Mary Seelhorst
5 3 Mongoose GTP SSGT1 BB 8:11.271 340
Jeremy Herzberg, Danny Popp

6 22 Porsche GT3 SSGT1 BB 8:15.121 335
Peter Lier, Ian Stewart
7 16 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 SSGT1 BB 8:18.026 330
Mark Murnahan, Stephen Gerber
8 8 Ford GT SSGT1 BB 8:19.983 325
James Stowell, John Fuchs
9 27 WCM Ultralite S2K Alt Fuel 8:21.678 320
Kevin Boulton, M Harmoney
10 39 BMW E36 M3 SSGT1 SB 8:22.950 315
Catesby Jones,

Mid-America Motorplex ROUND #1 - Time Trial - Results sorted by position Page 1

1 2 Dodge Hennessey Viper SSGT1 BB 4:55.974 360
Chris Winkler, Rob Jones
2 3 Mongoose GTP SSGT1 BB 4:58.900 355
3 1 Porsche 996 Twin Turbo SSGT1 BB 5:00.045 350
4 22 Porsche GT3 SSGT1 BB 5:03.002 345
Peter Lier, Ian Stewart
5 25 Chevrolet Z06 Corvette SSGT1 BB 5:05.915 340

6 16 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 SSGT1 BB 5:10.497 335
7 27 WCM Ultralite S2K Alt Fuel 5:10.865 330
8 5 Porsche Cayman GTR SSGT1 SB 5:14.026 325
Donald Barnes, Leh Keen
9 32 BMW M5 Luxury Sed 5:15.992 320
Mark Simons, Brian Hair
10 4 Mongoose GTP SSGT1 BB 5:16.277 315

Mid-America Motorplex ROUND #2 - Time Trial - Results sorted by position Page 1

1 2 Dodge Hennessey Viper SSGT1 BB 4:50.530 360
Chris Winkler, Rob Jones
2 22 Porsche GT3 SSGT1 BB 5:03.410 355
Peter Lier, Ian Stewart
3 25 Chevrolet Z06 Corvette SSGT1 BB 5:07.690 350
4 16 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 SSGT1 BB 5:07.781 345
5 5 Porsche Cayman GTR SSGT1 SB 5:09.141 340
Donald Barnes, Leh Keen

6 27 WCM Ultralite S2K Alt Fuel 5:09.398 335
7 3 Mongoose GTP SSGT1 BB 5:09.960 330
8 100 Nissan GT-R SSGT1 BB 5:15.153 325
Tony Swan, Mary Seelhorst
9 1 Porsche 996 Twin Turbo SSGT1 BB 5:16.762 320
10 8 Ford GT SSGT1 BB 5:17.329 315
James Stowell, John Fuchs
Jon Krolewicz, Ray Krolewicz

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish they would call it the Winkler/Jones 2008 ACR. Having H's name on the entry makes me almost not want to root for the Dodge.

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish they would call it the Winkler/Jones 2008 ACR. Having H's name on the entry makes me almost not want to root for the Dodge.

Maybe so, but he is the one the ponied up the money and is taking the risks.
Can we leave this as a rooting for the Viper and not a bash on HMS please.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taking first at each road course by a huge time margin...but 2nd place is only 5 points less. (!)

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taking first at each road course by a huge time margin...but 2nd place is only 5 points less. (!)
C&D knew that the Pcar's would need a 'handicap' to be in the race with the true Big Bores, and everyone knows the Viper ***** in the wet (like all...ok worse than most... big HP front eng/rwd)...thus, the wet skidpad. With this lead that the Pcar has, it is all going to be about reliability. Unfortunately, the Pcar is very reliable, as demonstrated by his past 3 years in Victory Circle. I wish they had done a dry skidpad too, and averaged the results or something. That would be more fair. Let's hope the rest of the events are dry. Go ACR!:headbang:

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe so, but he is the one the ponied up the money and is taking the risks.
Can we leave this as a rooting for the Viper and not a bash on HMS please.
You gotta hand it to the guy, he is always there to step up to the plate and put his money out. He spends more on advertising the Viper than Chrysler does, it seems! :dunno:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You gotta hand it to the guy, he is always there to step up to the plate and put his money out. He spends more on advertising the Viper than Chrysler does, it seems! :dunno:

Is it his money or the money of third party investors? Does anyone know?

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very impressive road course performances!

I agree on the P-cars--need handicap to even compete until you reach the 997 GT2. Even though those cars have good build quality, it has always irked me that you never get a decent performance car from them until you spend huge dollars. Out The Door prices (options, tax, etc.): 997 GT3 (no power): $135k +; 997 GT2 Z(a real car): $230k!!

Makes our Snakes look like bargains!

OP
OP

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it his money or the money of third party investors? Does anyone know?

I have never heard of HMS having investors but I have never asked. I think he always is on his own.
I know he is the one that buys cars/Jeeps from and bought this car from Ringgold Dodge. Think about it...turning over that car to two drivers no matter how good could end up a total loss...and they aren't there to lose. That takes some balls by somebody. :drive:

I was getting ramped up to run my GTS in the 02 One Lap, and then I totaled my wifes BoxterS at road Atlanta and that took the wind out of my sail :( I knew I couldn't afford to crash the Viper.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Hennessey the credit he deserves. He is the only Viper tuner that makes the effort to promote the Viper on a consistent Viper. If it were not for John many more people would not know the Viper exists.

As far as the business practice side of things it seems to have been quiet for several years. Many other Viper tuners have been in the news, for less than desireable reasons.

ar15kittykat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give Hennessey the credit he deserves. He is the only Viper tuner that makes the effort to promote the Viper on a consistent Viper. If it were not for John many more people would not know the Viper exists.

As far as the business practice side of things it seems to have been quiet for several years. Many other Viper tuners have been in the news, for less than desireable reasons.

Henn. is promoting the Viper is also self promoting, getting his name back to the fore front, trying to re-cover from previous years...

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never heard of HMS having investors but I have never asked. I think he always is on his own.

The reason I asked was that I had heard that not that long ago, Mr. H was trying to position himself to buy the Viper line if Chrysler LLC discontinues it so that he could continue it as a specialty car. As part of this rumor, I heard that there might be some sort of investor group consisting of former "happy" customers. I was wondering whether the same people, if they exist, were financing these marketing efforts. If he and the group really want to buy the Viper line, it makes sense to invest money now to keep the brand name out there and on top of the performance curve.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reason I asked was that I had heard that not that long ago, Mr. H was trying to position himself to buy the Viper line if Chrysler LLC discontinues it so that he could continue it as a specialty car. As part of this rumor, I heard that there might be some sort of investor group consisting of former "happy" customers. I was wondering whether the same people, if they exist, were financing these marketing efforts. If he and the group really want to buy the Viper line, it makes sense to invest money now to keep the brand name out there and on top of the performance curve.

That would only be a good idea if he is taken completely out of the business aspect of the business. I've read enough to not want to give him a penny of my money, but you can't deny his contribution to the Viper brand, and I applaud him for his efforts. He does what Dodge is too lazy to do.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it mathematically possible for the Viper to win still? The wet skidpad (42nd place) pretty much doomed it, unless there were some significant mechanical DNF's coming up (and I know that is entirely possible in onelap)...

I cant wait to see it run against the Nissan GTR at VIR this thursday. I am going to try and make it early to the track that day and see if they let us guys setting up to race our own cars that weekend come in and see the cars...

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless I'm reading the schedule incorrectly, the last event on 5/10 is the DRY skidpad event. Good or bad for the ACR?

Red Coachwhip

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd think that a dry skidpad will help the ACR, but I doubt that it can win the drag races.

Any idea if the events get pushed back because of the weather? Today they were supposed to run in Texas World Speedway and Lonestar Motorsports Park, but it has been raining all day long in Houston.

If they do postpone the events, the "Wet Skidpad" is BS. "OK, so let's test the cars in a wet setting, so that we evaluate their overall performance. Oh, but if it's raining... forget it"

However, this is only good news for the ACR.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, how much would the Viper line cost anyway? There have been investors that have come in and saved Lamborghini. I think this is an ingenious idea.

If current and former Viper owners and investors got together we could probably come up with enough dough to buy the line. Next, would be to keep the line profitable. My thinking is that once Viper owners and sympathizers own the Viper line..we could build any kind of Viper WE want....w/in budget.

Anyone for am ACR CE (Competition Edition) w/ cam, Belanger full exhaust and 3:33's, 700 hp.

Next would be the ACR TE (Track Edition) w/ cam, Belangers, full exhaust and Twin Turbo's. 1000 hp

The other sports car manufacturers might as well shut down their facilities at that point!

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was a little bored tonite so i checked out the zo6 boards(i know i know) and what mention there is they even delete out the acr times and just compare the z to the gtr..... one ferrari owner on the board said.... At any rate, too many variables to think much of the data but its fun to go watch them if they come to your town.

One Lap of America... - Corvette Forum

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper won TWS in the rain today. Smoked the GT-R, in the rain, by 14 secs a lap.
2:14 in the rain Counter Clockwise.
The pics I saw were not in the rain, but a damp track. Good times from Viper Days, on a dry track, are in the 1:50's. Perhaps the competition is hangin back not wanting to crash out. The lead is over 125 pts and the diff between 1st and 2nd place is 5 pts. There just isn't much chance the ACR will win the deal, so it could be the rest are hangin back. The One Lap site shows no results for today. :eater:

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
C&D knew that the Pcar's would need a 'handicap' to be in the race with the true Big Bores, and everyone knows the Viper ***** in the wet (like all...ok worse than most... big HP front eng/rwd)...thus, the wet skidpad. With this lead that the Pcar has, it is all going to be about reliability. Unfortunately, the Pcar is very reliable, as demonstrated by his past 3 years in Victory Circle. I wish they had done a dry skidpad too, and averaged the results or something. That would be more fair. Let's hope the rest of the events are dry. Go ACR!:headbang:
OH contraire to Vipers **** in the wet!!!
Results from last year!!!

Event 1 - Tire Rack - Wet Skid Pad​
Sat May 12 12:09:20 2007Tire Rack - Wet Skid Pad - Results sorted by position Page 1Pos Car # Vehicle Class Gs Points 1 3 Dodge Hennessey Viper SSGT1 BB 0.920 G 435 Brian Smith, Nick Arevalo 2 47 Chevrolet Cavalier Econo Car 0.898 G 430 Amanda Hennessy, Thomas Datwyler 3 11 Audi S6 Luxury Sed 0.888 G 425 Tony Swan, Mary Seelhorst, T.C. Kline 4 50 Dodge Neon MidPri Sed 0.881 G 420 Greg Hagopian, Dale Seeley, Enrique Ramirez 5 48 Pontiac GrandAm SE Econo Car 0.871 G 415 Robert Dubler, Christian Schober, Harold Andermatt

F8L SNK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First session it was more than damp, but not rainging. Second session it was DEFINITELY raining. It was awesome to see all of the cars, and especially the ACR.

The pics I saw were not in the rain, but a damp track. Good times from Viper Days, on a dry track, are in the 1:50's. Perhaps the competition is hangin back not wanting to crash out. The lead is over 125 pts and the diff between 1st and 2nd place is 5 pts. There just isn't much chance the ACR will win the deal, so it could be the rest are hangin back. The One Lap site shows no results for today. :eater:

j-rho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anybody has information about the trailer hitches used by the One Lap Vipers, please share! :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala