hennessey 600 running like sh......t

TOPDOG RACING

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i want to thank all that tried to help with this car, i was able to get it to run 90% better by installing the new tps and reseting the computer by grounding out the positive draing down the current and it seems to be running pretty good, how long does it take for the computer to re-adjust? i have a scanner i was going to connect to see if there is any codes poping up and its probably not a bad idea to check the plugs even though they have unfer 300 miles on them. hitting 3rd gear still isnt the smoothest ive ever felt but i dont think there is any real adjustment, i already have the short throw shifter, any suggestions ill take them. lastly i wanted to address all you hennessey supporters that that jumped all over me when i originally brought my problem up,attached is the original hennessey sales invoice and responce i got from mr hennessey when i inquired where all the parts were that were suppose to be on the invoice,keep in mind the person that tried to get the car running remotely well was a guy that worked with team viper and i knew what was missing according to the invoice when the car returned including replacing an apparent blown trans which is how the car came back. there was no cold air induction just k&n filters in a stock air box, 600 cyl heads appear to be stock (we stuck an optical in the chamber), throttle bodies appear stock & aluminum pulleys not there. the car sat for years until i came along & bought the car, hennesseys responce is in black & white. hennessey recently called me & left a message after someone must of informed him of my original thread so i returned his call & have never heard from him. so before some of you jump on me for being extreamly disatisfied with hennessey know all the facts because apparently im not the only one to have this type of problem.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Typically it takes 50-100 miles. I would say get on an open hyw and open it up a couple of times. Glad it back from the dead :2tu:

OP
OP
T

TOPDOG RACING

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i know it didnt post, i got a message that said it was to large to attach but anyone interested just give me your email and ill be glad to send the hennessey invoice and his responce telling me to talk a walk and "have a nice day", its black & white and from what i learned what happend here is typical hennessey unless you live in texas. he got caught and then ran for cover.

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So basically you are blaming the guy that worked on your car 13 years ago when it was new and owned by someone else for it not running right currently.......... after sitting for years........................

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dog be careful about running that car thru the gears without having the Air fuel checked(was it missing on top or running out of fuel )If you run lean on top big problems.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So basically you are blaming the guy that worked on your car 13 years ago when it was new and owned by someone else for it not running right currently.......... after sitting for years........................

Agree w/Spray. On top of your comments that the car didn't run right from the start, the seller "de-tuned" it, etc., etc. Did it ever occur to you that the "old geezer" you bought it from might have sold off all the 600 parts?

In your other post lot's of guys directed you to some good shops. Go to one of them, spend a few hundred bucks to get this car looked over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine