HENNESSEY: the final chapter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurboSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish you all the luck in the world dealing with this guy,I recently had a run-in with a shady so-called tuner so I feel you on this.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It really is unfortunate that John cant resolve his customers complaints, his name is almost synonymous with Viper performance.

I would really like to hear his end of the story though, I know that there is always going to be the few customers that are not happy and 6 out of hundreds if not thousands is not that bad.

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correction, was synonymous with Vipers! Now he is onto Vettes and problems with Vette owners. Six out of hundreds if not thousands? I have gotten countless emails from people who are livid (unhappy just doesn't cut it!). You can only screw people for so long before they catch on.
Be well everyone!

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats funny. I simply ordered a shifter from him and never got it. I think he is in over his head. I wouldnt be surprised if they werent belly up soon

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen a lot of great entrepreneurs go out of business as of late. It's wierd how it happens. These people have VERY creative minds but find a way to end belly-up. The other thing is that they'll start something else up just as quickly and make oodles of cash once again because they are great at what they do, just not from a management standpoint. I'm not sure if this is what is happening at HMS, I'm simply posting on how most business get in financial trouble and eventually go out of business.

1) They develop the business and have a good thing going.
2) They start making $ and start spending it as soon as they make a buck.
3) They do not reinvest into the company and safeguard it against hard times, problems, slow times, unexpected expenses, outside influences, laws or other issues and find themselves playing catch-up at some point.
4) They grow too fast and do not grow the company with it (space, people to help manage it, etc). Their thinking is that they can continue doing it, why not, it means more $ for them.
5) Great success catches up with them and they simply have too much to do and forget to do the simple things like pay bills, etc. They forget once, 20 days late, forget again, 60 days late..... For an entrepreneur, paying bills is the last thing on their minds, really.
6) Over years they develop bad credit with their suppliers and have to pre-pay for all of their inventory.
7) The suppliers now see you as a dead beat and stop holding inventory for you until you pay them first. This leads to longer turnaround time. Once they could order stock and have it in 2-3 days. Now, they have to order it, pay for it and have it made and shipped in 2-3 weeks.
8) Company then begins to ask for customer payment up front so they can pay their supplier so they can get your product shipped to you.
9) The company starts looking for other suppliers because of their bad debt. They find them but quality of the inventory drops and soon they develop the same relationship with the new supplier.
10) The business owner, with problems with his/her suppliers, now goes back to what they know best (which they think will keep their business a-float during this rough period). All other aspects of the business fall to the way-side. They simply can not afford to pay for extra help now.
11) Word gets out through customers that the business is in trouble, quality is down, not delivering product, etc.
12) Customers finally stear clear of the company's CORE offerings and the business suffers until bankruptcy results.

This is a typical life cycle of a business. Some stop at # 3, some go to the very end.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont suppose anyone knows what is really happening? I cant count the number of times we've seen this kind of post before.

Mike H

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems that the post started with someone saying HMS took $ 34,000.00 and only sent the guy $ 600 in parts. Care to elaborate John? It seems like a good offense here is to offer a good defense? We all seem to hear the protests but never hear from HMS, defending itself. If nothing else it makes my gun shy!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gotta give those corvette guys credit. If they smell something fishy they go after it. Now the VCA board is different. my opinion is: if someone does someone wrong no matter how big or how small the entire site should know about it. now if JH did do someone wrong he should fix it. I have heard the horror stories from viper owners also. how come it seems like all the tuners with complaints are from texas???

Kevin ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who else is from Texas besides TNT ? I've never heard anything bad about the business practices of TNT.

More importantly, I've had only positive experiences with TNT. Roy replaced trashed exhaust pieces, time after time, when the idiots at UPS threw my stuff off of buildings on the way to Michigan. Including UPS back and forth and then ultimately FedEx.

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To Frank: AKA HEMIDAYTONA,

Remember the used rearend you sold me, (the 1992 with the 1999 gears) that would not fit a 1997 like you implied it would. I fould out after trying to install it that the housings had to be machined. After I spent $$ trying to have it installed and then removed, having my original re-installed. You refused to even help out with the shipping costs to return the rear to you. Remember? I Then had the housing machined, installed the rear end, ran the car a few times at the drags and yup the rear gears broke. P.S. Whoever installed the gears didn't know *** they were doing, poor setup/installation of gears. And I just wanted to quote you," IF SOMEONE DOES SOMEONE WRONG,NO MATTER HOW BIG OR HOW SMALL THE ENTIRE SITE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT IT" And then you state JH should fix it. What about you! You have no room to talk about others with your character.

A special thanks to Devin at Unitrac for his help getting my snake slithering again!

Halnasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SNKBYT:
To Frank: AKA HEMIDAYTONA,

Remember the used rearend you sold me, (the 1992 with the 1999 gears) that would not fit a 1997 like you implied it would. I fould out after trying to install it that the housings had to be machined. After I spent $$ trying to have it installed and then removed, having my original re-installed. You refused to even help out with the shipping costs to return the rear to you. Remember? I Then had the housing machined, installed the rear end, ran the car a few times at the drags and yup the rear gears broke. P.S. Whoever installed the gears didn't know *** they were doing, poor setup/installation of gears. And I just wanted to quote you," IF SOMEONE DOES SOMEONE WRONG,NO MATTER HOW BIG OR HOW SMALL THE ENTIRE SITE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT IT" And then you state JH should fix it. What about you! You have no room to talk about others with your character.

A special thanks to Devin at Unitrac for his help getting my snake slithering again!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DOH!!
confused.gif

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about everyone else but if a business or person is screwing people and customers I would like to know about it. Whether or not the person is a Viper owner or not. I personally am not for slandering any body or mud slinging, but once you have been screwed, human nature is to inform others for revenge purposes and possibly to look out for others interests. I know from personally being screwed by a business (not Viper related), it ****** you off and is unacceptable, no excuses and people have the right to beware.
I just recieved Hennessey's catalog and video and I must say his products and the performance he yields is very impressive in my opinion!! Catalog and Video is nice too!! But I am thankful for posts that made me aware of possibly (note I say possibly) bad customer service. I personally am not going to take any chances with my hard earned money or support / deal with a business where bad business practices are possibly occuring. After all there are enough reputal tuners that I have not heard a bad thing about to get parts from and to service our fine machines. Also far cheaper too!!!
Last I feel he made his bed and now he has the option to make things right if there was wrong doing and change business practices as well as customer relations, this way we all win!!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Trust me Joe, there is NO VCA membership for non-owners. So essentially, the price for membership is alot higher than $1000! Maybe $40K minimum (see classifieds for used Vipers). The question here is whether non-owners/VCA-members should get the privilege of posting on our site, and we have always welcomed them. We only ask all to abide by the rules of the site.

Marv S

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Joe, isn't an Associate Membership for non-owners?: http://www.viperclub.org/vca/vcabylaws-jul-18-01.doc

e. Associate Member: One who subscribes to Viper Magazine and who also pays the Region $20.00 per year for the Region’s Newsletter. Associate Members may be invited to events as observers. Associate Members are granted privileges at the discretion of the Region and the National Board.

ARTICLE II: MEMBERSHIP
Section 1. Classification of Members
a. Active Members: An individual at least 18 years of age paying one membership fee, listed with the National Business Office (currently JR Thompson Company). Membership shall be limited to current owners of a Dodge Viper which includes (but not limited to) disclosing the VIN or VON number as confirmation of ownership.
b. Honorary Members: Honorary membership may be conferred on a person by the National Board for such period as it chooses.
c. Membership runs from January 1 to December 31. New members joining after October 1 are Active Members for the upcoming Dues year.
d. Lifetime Honorary Members: Upon completion of their terms of office, National Presidents become Lifetime Honorary Members. They pay no dues but enjoy all rights and privileges of Active Members. Lifetime Honorary Membership will be transferred to the spouse of a National President upon the Past President's death, but only if the spouse was married to the President during the tenure of office.
e. Associate Member: One who subscribes to Viper Magazine and who also pays the Region $20.00 per year for the Region’s Newsletter. Associate Members may be invited to events as observers. Associate Members are granted privileges at the discretion of the Region and the National Board.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joseph Houss:
Trust me Joe, there is NO VCA membership for non-owners. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Good point, but anyone is allowed to send in their app... but a letter or phone call will result, requesting that a VIN number be provided.

We ALL should thing the way Joe (1bad) does! Credibility score goes down as 1st person turns to 2nd person turns to 3rd person turns to "I heard this from a friend of a friend of a cousin."

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1bad gts:
ACCELR8,i agree with you about wanting to know about bad tuner experiences.The source should however be the person who had the bad tuner experience not someone who doesnt even own a Viper.(This is one of the reasons our legal system does not allow hear say) Tell one person a story and he tells someone else and by the time the story is repeated 10x it is totally different and not crediable.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1bad gts,
Yes, here say is worthless but none-the-less the post did make me aware of the issues and backed other rumors, especially with the BBB report.

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hi Marv,

Let me clarify:

There is no official NATIONAL VCA membership for non owners. The associate membership "clause" to our ever improving bylaws is to allow those REGIONS that have existing and future enthusiasts (non-owners) to recognize these persons, allow them to attend whatever REGIONAL events they design and sponsor, send them a REGIONAL newsletter, and in some cases, the REGIONAL officer will provide a subscription to Viper Mag. As the bylaws were in development, we determined that there were a few regions that had associate members, and they truly enjoyed the friendship of their VCA, and it seemed illogical to negate what seemed to be a positive aspect of these regions.

Please understand that these associate members are not recognized by NATIONAL in any way, shape or form (other than to suggest to a region what they charge and offer them locally), they do NOT receive ID cards, will NOT be invited to National Events (and of course, therefore not covered under our liability coverage), and since they do not have an member ID, do not reap the other benefits of discounts from our vendors.

I think we need to tweak the bylaws a bit if you feel this is misleading. Paul H? ... are you listening?

Marv S

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hi Joe,

We don't have any associate members in our Region but I recalled this type of membership named in the Bylaws and wasn't sure just what it was. It may be good to have the items you mentioned placed in the bylaws to provide a clear differentiation of the benefits an associate member does not have.

Thanks for the clarification.

Best, Marv

Status
Not open for further replies.