Hennessey Venom 600 R Reliability

112motorsports

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a line on an 06 600R and I was wondering how much this kit affectsw the realibilty of the car. I want something I can get in and turn the key and know it will start everytime. I read the Hennessey website and it looks to me that the kit really includes exhaust, a cam and some head work, nothing too crazy in my mind. But I was hoping to get some insight from those who have this package installed on their car. If anyone could help I would greatly apprecaite it. Thank you for your time and help.

OP
OP

112motorsports

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Austin,
Why is that? I have no problem looking for another car that is for sure. But in your opinion what makes this car problamatic? Thanks again.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hennessey has about the worst rep of any tuner ever born (unless you read the car mags that worship the ground he walks on). I wouldn't let him tune my lawnmower, for fear he'd steal the gas cap off of it.

OP
OP

112motorsports

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I have heard that several times, taking parts off of others to finish other cars. I will move on and find another that is for sure without a second guess. Thanks again.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a Hennessy car. Think of it as like a box of chocolates................................

You never know what you're going to get. :eek:

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Buyer beware" in my opinion on any car that has had any significant mods without knowing all of the details and history of the car as far as reliability goes. If reliabilty is of utmost importance, I suggest you start off with a new or slightly used one with no significant mods and go from there. With some mods, you won't be able to take it to Dodge and have them correct the problem on their dime.

BillionDollarDan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So I hear this a lot about hennessey but who has seen the cars he tunes fail? I wonder not to defend him, but to find out whether or not his bad rep is deserved or just part of the whole inflammatory Internet culture.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In order to accurately assess the reliability of a Hennessey car, one would need to contact the individual owners of the donor cars from which all the collective parts were removed:eater:

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can remember a few members who have posted on multiple boards about actually taking the engine apart on their Hennessey cars and either not finding the parts that were supposed to be on there or just jumbled messes of crap.

Either way, Id stay away. Far.

Edit: Although you didnt post the price, Im going to assume that since its a Hennessey car that the price theyre asking isnt too cheap. With that said, you could probably (assuming the price is around mid 60's or low 70's) grab a nice '08 with stock 600HP and have a warranty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang