Here's a taste and my take of Gran Turismo 4

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here\'s a taste and my take of Gran Turismo 4

Phew, been doing nothing but playing for 4 days is really fun! I've been doing a ton of work on this game and it didn't take me long till I had a viper run in the 8's. Never the less here's a video I made 20 minutes ago...

click here

The SRT-10 really show's what it worth in this game. I have still yet to buy a GTS but I already have the GTS/R concept, Ram, and SRT-4. I took an orginal setup from the Gran Turismo 3 GTS I have listed in my sig. That car ran an 8.488 with nearly 2000+hp. This time it's a bit more realistic running a naturaly asperated 1032HP V-10 in the SRT with a time of 8.594, which makes this game so true. I'll have to list some specifications later.

Now let's compare.

Chad's Heffner GTS/my GT4 SRT-10
8.75 at 168.00 mph / 8.594 at 184.50 mph
no nitrous/nitrous
1200hp??/1032HP

I'd say that's pretty realistic to me. :2tu:

2 flaws...Can't race the prowler, still no RT/10.

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Here\'s a taste and my take of Gran Turismo 4

This time it's a bit more realistic running a naturaly asperated 1032HP V-10 in the SRT with a time of 8.594, which makes this game so true. I'll have to list some specifications later.

Now let's compare.

Chad's Heffner GTS/my GT4 SRT-10
8.75 at 168.00 mph / 8.594 at 184.50 mph
no nitrous/nitrous
1200hp??/1032HP

I'd say that's pretty realistic to me. :2tu:

2 flaws...Can't race the prowler, still no RT/10.

Yeah, N/A 1032 HP, reallllllll realistic. :rolleyes:

Oh, and 8.5 @ 184 with 1032 hp, thats realistic too!!

Eddie

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, N/A 1032 HP, reallllllll realistic. :rolleyes:

Oh, and 8.5 @ 184 with 1032 hp, thats realistic too!!

Eddie

lol...thats the same thing going through my mind when I read his post...

Its a great game though...Only one thing keeps bothering me...The BRAKES...what have they done to the brakes....They just dont seam to work as good as in GT3...I dont think its my settings as I use the same settings from GT3[maybe thats the problem]..Even on GT3 carryover tracks I cant get close to my old times....Its not a leap frog in terms of game play and graphics like it was from GT2 to GT3 but a deffinate big improvment....Still getting used to the steering wheel...They aint kidding about 900 degrees of rotation...Takes getting used to...

I have a GTS putting out 728hp and it kills anything under LM900 power and weight levels on tracks. Yes that includes racecars with downforce...The GTS handles even better in this game[with racing tires]..Glad to see they got it right...less push in turns...

You gotta try Spec B mode..Its wicked. You are basically the crew chief barking orders to your driver..I just sit back and give my driver orders and he carries it out....Tell him to over take and you just see him get aggressive, late braking undercutting the car ahead and powering away. Tell him to be steady and he just tucks in behind the car infront to save tires...Tell him to push hard and he starts taking risks..Most of the time he succeeds..But many a time he will push too hard and end up off the track...I actually like this mode best so far...Very different from anything Ive experienced before...Cant wait to get the Group C cars..Seriously fast...Oh and for you GT3 pros the liscense tests are as infuriating as ever...I HATE the knock down cones tests..arrrrrg..As usual shytty cars for the most part to take the tests with....Well back to managing my crew...

BTW if you didnt get it,This game is a must have :2tu:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What a joke... I am just so glad my signature is true, and I do infact own a viper.

Who the hell puts signatures for their fake cars based on a video game? I guess his sig. qualifies as being "realistic" in his world, since its a pretty flexible scale based on his post above.

Jon

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He is a kid having some fun, give him a break. I wish I knew the people I know now via this board when I was that age. Learning a ton.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

He is a kid having some fun, give him a break. I wish I knew the people I know now via this board when I was that age. Learning a ton.

yeah, 200mph-Craig is a kid too, but we still have to put up with his crap too...

Dunno.. just seems *** to me... so if he has a right to post .. so do I.

Jon

2003silvervette

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What a joke... I am just so glad my signature is true, and I do infact own a viper.

Who the hell puts signatures for their fake cars based on a video game? I guess his sig. qualifies as being "realistic" in his world, since its a pretty flexible scale based on his post above.

Jon

i am going to have to take jon's side with this one, its great that someone is interested in cars and stuff but to post cars you bought and modded in a 50 dollar ps2 game in your sig as your cars is kinda taking it to far, i mean, i drive a vette but i dont put my grand turismo 5 million hp viper in my sig.

nick

Reaction score

Well, Nick....you and Jon are wrong. Jeez...get a life and let the kid enjoy what he has/can. This "kid" has been to all the Zone events at Ebglishtown, he has been around for quite some time...just being a die-hard Viper enthusiast, and he has supported the VCA whenever he could. He doesn't come on here and talk bad about anything...he just shares what he can.

Jon is a sour, sour person, stuck in North Kackalacki, and, well, Nick, you don't even OWN a VIper so who the F cares what you think?!?!?! Hey Nick....Evan Smith ran Jor Houss' STOCK GTS to right around 11.87 so you might wanna take that outta your sig (at least here). I'm sure the Vette boards will appreciate those numbers though.

Talk about slow...I just saw you are from Noth Kackalacki as well. Hmmmm, must be something in the water! I've got spare room for anyone from North Kackalacki (except Jon and Nick) if you want to get out of there...it would seem the water is BAD!

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Right on Tony..this kid is a viper enthusiast whos having fun with vipers the only way he can for now..cut him some slack and put away your insecurities and encourage him to have fun and maybe join the vca when hes old enough and fortunate enough to won a viper..I watch my son play these gaems and interact with im on it..you guys abviously dont have kids and if yo did you'd probably EAT THEM!

2003silvervette

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hey vipermad is there a reason you dont post your 1/4 times, do they **** so bad that you dont want people to see them ? oh and also i would hope a stock viper would run those times because the 20 grand more he paid is allot more then the couple of grand in mods i paid

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hey vipermad is there a reason you dont post your 1/4 times, do they **** so bad that you dont want people to see them ?

who the hell are you and why dont you go back to the vette forum you TROLL!

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well, Nick....you and Jon are wrong. Jeez...get a life and let the kid enjoy what he has/can. This "kid" has been to all the Zone events at Ebglishtown, he has been around for quite some time...just being a die-hard Viper enthusiast, and he has supported the VCA whenever he could. He doesn't come on here and talk bad about anything...he just shares what he can.

Jon is a sour, sour person, stuck in North Kackalacki, and, well, Nick, you don't even OWN a VIper so who the F cares what you think?!?!?! Hey Nick....Evan Smith ran Jor Houss' STOCK GTS to right around 11.87 so you might wanna take that outta your sig (at least here). I'm sure the Vette boards will appreciate those numbers though.

Talk about slow...I just saw you are from Noth Kackalacki as well. Hmmmm, must be something in the water! I've got spare room for anyone from North Kackalacki (except Jon and Nick) if you want to get out of there...it would seem the water is BAD!

Yes Tony, Im a very sour.. sour person..

But let me get this straight.. Nick's Sig that includes his real car, and a real 1/4 mile that his car did, probably shouldnt be on here?

Yet.... old fake-o with his GT3 Cars's sig is more in line...

hmm.. ok.. guess I will need to change mine ... NOT...

Yawn...

Reaction score

hey vipermad is there a reason u dont post ur 1/4 times, do they **** so bad that you dont want people to see them ?

D@MNED straight!! LOL!! As a F-ing newbie you should be made aware that I am KING F-ING POSER!! While my CAR may be capable of good times on the track....I absolutely **** at driving! I have NO problem saying that, I'm OK with me the way I am....but to come down on a kid for having fun and enjoying the things he can? Well, that shows a severe lack of class, and tells me that you **** as a person (whereas I only **** as a driver). I'm about as straight up as it gets. I'll tell you what...if you don't like this kid's posts....don't read them. Let me know if you need help with that...I am more than willing to lend a hand.

2003silvervette

Enthusiast
Reaction score

so you bought a great car and cant drive it.. thats cool.. why not spend the money on driving lessons and buy a car you can handle lets say a mustang gt

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Girls... Chill..

I'm sour.
Nick ***** as a person.
Tony ***** as a viper driver (and is a poser).
GTS-R's post is ***, but just my opinion.

Jon

Reaction score

Jon, how can you be sure it is accurate within 10 pounds? Did you weigh it on several scales then average your findings? :)

The guy has BEEN to E-town with the VCA, he has been included in the Viper events...why have a cow over this? Isn't there something else (ANYTHING) in your life that you could spend this time doing? There has GOT to be!!!

Me....no, I have all the time in the world. :) His times (in his sig) may be real...but they mean jack to me as he is just trolling. I'd back ANYONE who has been to the Viper Events, cheered with the Viper owners, and taken a huge interest in the car. Does he own one? Nope....but neither does vette-boy. If I have an epmty seat going to Tator's in May...I'll stop and pick this guy up on the way. Nick can drive his own VIPER to the B-B-Q....oh....I forgot...no Viper. :)

PS...I only meant to write "sour" once...sorry about that Jon. :)

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Girls... Chill..

I'm sour.
Nick ***** as a person.
Tony ***** as a viper driver (and is a poser).
GTS-R's post is ***, but just my opinion.

Jon

I think your grass in front of your house *****..try using seed or get a professional landscaper..

Reaction score

Jon...I **** as a driver...period! :)
Nick....I'm a POSER...just giving you stick about your times to get on your nerves. Try to push your buttons. :)

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adam96,

I think your gas cap is ugly, and not a huge fan of that front end of yours, so it looks like opinions are like .... we all have them, except mine are corect. :)

BTW, I agree totally with the lawn. That photo is 2 years old (still love the shot though) and Scotts Lawn service took over for me last year. You guys that interested in my lawn ?? Want a new photo of it ??

Jon

Reaction score

You can send me a new photo...or I can touch that one up! :) LOL What color do you want your grass? :)

Don't worry about it Nick...we're all like that! :) Well...I think Jon is sour ALL of the time, so we just accept that! :)

JUST KIDDING Jon!! :) I'm SURE the weight is accurate within 7 pounds knowing you! LOL!! :2tu:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You can send me a new photo...or I can touch that one up! :) LOL What color do you want your grass? :)

Don't worry about it Nick...we're all like that! :) Well...I think Jon is sour ALL of the time, so we just accept that! :)

JUST KIDDING Jon!! :) I'm SURE the weight is accurate within 7 pounds knowing you! LOL!! :2tu:

Tony,

I do have the utmost respect for your poser ***. So please dont take me playing with ya seriously...

now.. if you could crop/photo chop out my brown spots lawn.. that would be really cool :)

It only looks bad when you click on the photo !!

- Sour Jon.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Adam96,

I think your gas cap is ugly, and not a huge fan of that front end of yours, so it looks like opinions are like .... we all have them, except mine are corect. :)

BTW, I agree totally with the lawn. That photo is 2 years old (still love the shot though) and Scotts Lawn service took over for me last year. You guys that interested in my lawn ?? Want a new photo of it ??

Jon

No problem with that bro..opinions are like a-holes we all have one..and as you said " yours is probably the biggest and the best"

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[/QUOTE]

No problem with that bro..opinions are like a-holes we all have one..and as you said " yours is probably the biggest and the best"

[/QUOTE]

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT ! :eek: :D

BTW Tony:

This is my CERTIFICATION, of my car's weight, for which I was told by the owner/operator "The scale is certified by the state to be accurate within 10 lbs" Feel free to call and ask :) :

4596weight-med.JPG

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

BTW, MY NEW AVATAR IS IN THE MAIL !!

E-mail that is... hook me up !! its time for an update..

Especially since you all will be seeing it sooooooooooooon...

In your local Automotive store :)

Jon

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang