Hey team I think I have a SCREW LOOSE, or a couple!

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys,

What is up with this car and shedding screws, bolts, etc.

I looked under my 05 today and there are four screws missing on the undertray in the back where it screws in to the splitter, four of the allen head bolts were loose and the center screw where the rear bumper cover is affixed is on vacation.

Not to mention I am missing on sill bolt and two others on the other side.

Are these standard "HOME DEPOT' bolts and screws that I can get or is this a Dodge only thing.

I also know that its a VERY BAD idea to threadlock the bolts on the undertray because you will never get them off.

So far the shedding bolts are staying out of the tire$ which is a good thing.

Any hints to keep these suckers on the vehicle, or is this a monthly "pit stop" to check the underside of the car and tighten the bolts/screws

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
X

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All,

I skipped Dodge and their ridiculous rates for these screws and bolts that should cost cents not dollars. Even on the web with a 20% discount the prices are highway robbery.

Today, instead of spending $50 to $80 for a bunch of screws I went to the Ace Hardware on Ventura Blvd in Woodland Hills, CA and picked up:

8 black screws with integrated washers @ 55 cents a pop (instead of $7.90) :lmao:

and..........picked up a bag of sill bolts for a $1.50 that fit perfectly.

Now my Viper has all the bolts and screws on it that were missing and I saved enough money for a full tank of gas.
:2tu:

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are different grades or strengths of threadlocks (Loctite). The blue or the weakest one will not be hard to remove. Use it on the Harley with no problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21