Hi Flow Cats??

Reaction score
Could anyone provide me with some information on hi flow cats? Are these worth getting? I removed the mufflers on my 94 RT, but left the cats and was thinking about replacing them with some hi flow cats--any estimates on HP increase? Also, how much louder, if any, do you think that the car would be? Thanks for your help....Kurt

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
I have TNT High Flow Cats and they work great! I've tried running with 3" diameter cut into the stock cats + 3" pipes out (OK, but I like a little more free flowing for my engine), then I've tried straight pipes (no cats or mufflers), for road racing and that’s LOUD, not good for the environment and smells. My favorite is high flow cats + 3" straight pipes (loud enough, no smell, free flowing).

I bought mine from TNT, but I'm sure many tuners, speed shops have them (I seriously doubt Roy & Joe built them, but they do a lot of stuff from scratch so it's possible). Jeff

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,
Cats work on surface area. Inside a cat its made up of a honey-comb shape as this gives the greatest surface area. It contains precious metals that that convert the gases to 'greener' ones, blaa, blaa, blaa! Of the Hi-flow cats I've seen, they are much smaller than the stock Viper cats, so wouldn't have as much area overall area for the same volume of gas to pass through. May not even be effective enough for the sniff tests? In my opinion, have changeable straight through pipe in place of the cats, just slipping the cats in at test time (shhh)! Your exhaust will be louder with out them...(grinning already?) Sills will also be cooler, as the cats run at quite a temperature! If you keep the cats; 3" inlet / outlet would be good as previously said.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nadine UK GTS:
Of the Hi-flow cats I've seen, they are much smaller than the stock Viper cats,
[[[The one's I got from TNT are larger than stock cats I believe, they look larger to me
You must be registered for see images
]]]]

In my opinion, have changeable straight through pipe in place of the cats, .....Your exhaust will be louder with out them...[[[[Two problems with this: 1) you'll get black smoke, smells and it's bad on the enviroment
2) It doesn't get much more rwhp (~ 3). Plus, I don't think it sounds better, just louder.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper