Highest Mileage Viper?

Reaction score
I was just wondering what's the highest mileage Viper out there? I bought mine new, and use it every day. It's a 1996 RT/10 (White, Blue stripes). I currently have 170,000 miles on it and expecting 200k by the end of the year. 99% street driving, with a few Viper days, etc.

I just recently had DC Performance install Supercharger, and a full going over / replacing misc parts. I'm expecting another 100k plus at this point. Thanks Dan ... haha :cool:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
Reaction score
It got a new motor under my 100k warantee at 84k miles, as well as a new transmission at 96k miles ...haha :cool:

Do you know any other Vipers > 150k even on a second motor? I'd love to find it, to talk to them.

JiPi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
170K? Waw! :2tu:
You have more than 13 times what my 96RT has.
What kind of other problem did your car have and in what general conditions is the car after all these miles?

OP
OP
Reaction score
I think it's in great condition, but I've recently spent alot of money with DC Performance to go over every nut and bolt and replace anything that might need replacing. In general I've had great luck with my car. Mostly city/highway driving, but it's been onthe track about 20 times as well. Including drag and road courses.

The engine and transmission replacements I'm not sure were needed or not. As I was approaching my 100k warrantee I asked my Viper techs to take a detail look at the engine / transmission and see if anything looked bad b4 my warrantee ran out. They came back and found a small oil leak I think that they couldn't fix, so it was replaced.

The transmission I was told had a 3rd gear popping out during some road testing they did, although I hadn't noticed it. Next thing I knew they had replaced the transmission.

Other then that mostly just wear and tear items. I have a ton of minor mods on the car as well. Like Stoptech brakes, Borla exhaust, had straight tubes, but they were replaced when they put in the supercharger. They've now added an intercooler, larger radiator, larger fan, etc. I've also changed out the rear end gears to 3.73's, larger half shafts and recently went to adjustable KW shocks. Mostly minor stuff other then the supercharger. No internal engine mods at all.

Hope that helps. I love the car, have since the day I got it. I'm very happy with the longevity of the compo

Mister XR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, I have a 96RT and I've only got 27k miles. If LA had less traffic and no transit system, I'd be racking up the miles.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the excellent post. Every mile you rack up will add value to all of ours by demonstrating proven durability even with supercharging with such high miles. :2tu:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, this is either the strangest twist on a spambot attack that I've seen; or, this is an indication of what happens to a person after driving a Viper for 217,000 miles.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I suggest that gstg_96_rt10 go to the new owner's forum and say hello in a conventional way. I suspect that his unconventional inputs will fit in with many of the other contributors on this forum.

nspec

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very impressive. What have you done as in maintenance and rebuild so far. do you have a thread on the car?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang