Highway driving questions/smell

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey, I have started to highway drive my viper a lot. When I punch it to pass, i smell something. It doesn't smell like fart, or gas...just smells like motor. Is this normal, or because it isn't running right, or because I drive it too easy?

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motors don't smell if they are well sealed. So, I'm guessing that either you have a leak in the engine compartment or, maybe you mean it smells like exhaust but not the sulfuric, bad catalytic converter smell? I forget, what do you own? GTS? If you are saying it smells like exhaust, then one thing I'd suggest that I found to be the issue on my car is the cabin exhauster vents. The covers with the flaps in them had fallen away. You will find them in the left and right rear of the cabin/trunk/hatch area. They are supposed to let air out of the cabin though the vents outboard of the taillights but not let air in through there.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I originally thought the exhauster vents, but I thought the smell from those was normally in stop/go trafic with the windows down. Worth taking a look at them though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456