Home link transmitter

TrapperJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may get grief for this question because its not about performance. Has anyone adapted or built a homelink transmitter into their viper (possibly the visor)? John

Last edited:

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I recall about 3 years ago, someone embedded a homelink into the visor.....you might do a search and possibly find it....

05SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't you simply buy a rearview mirror with Homelink equipped? You'd probably even get the auto-dimming feature as well.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The thread with pics on how to modify your visor is dated May 3,2005....for some reason I could copy paste the link.......look under garage door opener solutions

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried the visor route. :( It's a whole lot easier to just replace the mirror and run a power wire than fool around with the visor.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got an aftermarket one. Make sure to get one made by Gentech sold through authorized dealers. I usually get it through Mito. The company founded by a guy named MIke and TOm.

I bought a cheaper no name brand once and it crapped out on me.

past ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to Radio Shack for about a dollar, by a intermitent switch, then run two wires to your existing garage door opener, inside the opener, spot solder one wire to the push button side, the other wire to the contact side inside the opener, then mount the garage opener, down under the dash, and mount the button out of sight or on the side of the console by your right leg, or in the console, or wherever you want to be able to push the button, then the opener sends the signal to your garage door.....the problem is with the homelink system, you seem to spend a lot of time holding the outer two butttons to program the "handshake" with your garge door opener....just my $.02

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to Radio Shack for about a dollar, by a intermitent switch, then run two wires to your existing garage door opener, inside the opener, spot solder one wire to the push button side, the other wire to the contact side inside the opener, then mount the garage opener, down under the dash, and mount the button out of sight or on the side of the console by your right leg, or in the console, or wherever you want to be able to push the button, then the opener sends the signal to your garage door.....the problem is with the homelink system, you seem to spend a lot of time holding the outer two butttons to program the "handshake" with your garge door opener....just my $.02

Lol, I've done that route as well. Even though my soldering was good the garage door opener took up too much space. I had to mount it high enough so the signal range could be maximized. I mounted it in front of the mirror and it always fell off. In the end the Gentex mirror was still the best solution.

OP
OP
T

TrapperJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up a used homelink transmitter off of ebay. It's small, (2.5x3.5x.5inches), and was used in a built in application. We'll see how creative I can be with it. John

Last edited:

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does any one know, does the Home Link system remeber your programing if power is lost or do you have to reprogram when you replace your battery or disconnect it for some reason?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten