Home made clutch lowering kit....

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Roe sells a lowering kit, and if he were local I'd run over and buy one, but I am doing a bunch of stuff to the car tomorrow and would really like to knock this out while I'm in there. I know its just a metal bar with holes in it, can someone give me the measurements please? I'll order some parts from Roe this week to make up for it!

Thanks!

OP
OP
T

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure, I'd just like to have the actual measurement. I have plenty of metal around and tools, I just don't want to guess it.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
might need to mock up a few or have an adjustable one. mines 1257 miles away so i cant measure it for ya..

SidewinderGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know Roe sells a lowering kit, and if he were local I'd run over and buy one, but I am doing a bunch of stuff to the car tomorrow and would really like to knock this out while I'm in there. I know its just a metal bar with holes in it, can someone give me the measurements please? I'll order some parts from Roe this week to make up for it!

Thanks!
The Roe piece is about 5 3/4" Long, Stock is colser to 6".Width 6/8"
The holes are 4 3/4" center to center,Stock is 5"
Numbers could be off a hair,hope this helps.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you lower the pedal, is it supposed to go all the way down to the floor...as in hit the floor when engaing the clutch.

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks!
:)Just to add...The Viper Store on ebay has them for $39.00 in case all else fails. No guessing there. I believe in trying to be frugal for sure but I figured somebody already did the math and I could save my time. Just my .02!

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks!

By the time you finish researching and fabricating your piece, you probably would have been better off purchasing one. I guess it depends on how much you value your time. There's a thread on adjusting each pedal individually (if you are working on a Gen II) that apparently works almost as well.

DrDJ

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why go to all the trouble tring to make your own. Why reinvent the mousetrap? I have one for sale right now. Gen 1 style.

OP
OP
T

TS6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I made one. Works great!

As I mentioned, I wasn't trying to be cheap, just needed one faster than I could buy one.

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back breaking..lol. You just pull the clips out and replace...but its getting a good view of them that is the problem. I took out the driver's seat and laid on the floor, worked good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth