Homelink options?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a search, but only found some old mentions of this and most of the links didn't work anymore.

Anyway, does anybody know of any rearview mirrors that will fit our cars and plug up to our harness for the mirror without modifications? I would assume there is something out there for another Chrysler or Dodge that uses the same mount and I would I would think the homelink option doesn't require any special wiring because the remote control functions are built into the mirror itself.

I don't keep anything of value in the car and even installed a completely build in Passport system and had the display actually moulded into the center cluster, so there is nothing for anyone to steal. My remotes for the garage and front gate are the only things I worry about. Not to mention, I hate having to open the center console and find the remote as I'm pulling into the neighborhood or up to the house.

I could care less about auto-dimming, compass, etc, but I want to be able to program my remotes into the rearview mirror. I know I'm not the only who wants this and hopefully someone has done this by now and has an easy solution.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found plenty of options, but what fits our mounts? What has the same wiring plug? That's the issue I'm trying to find out. I hope there is one out there that all I have to do is unplug mine, take it off the windshield, plug in the new one and remount it. Do you know if any of the models on the link are a direct replacement?

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call those guys in the link for fitment, and call Chuck @ Tator, he knows all the Chrylser products

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what happened with this? Did you find out what might fit? I am considering a similar option as I have two garage doors and gates coming into the neighborhood....

Thanks

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't. I've gotten side tracked on so many projects, this has fallen down the list for the time being. I'm still planning on trying to make it work though.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what happened with this? Did you find out what might fit? I am considering a similar option as I have two garage doors and gates coming into the neighborhood....

Thanks

Invaded by gates, huh??? :lmao:

Anyway, I am also interested. Maybe when I have time I will do som research...

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Part of the reason, I kind of pushed it back was my front gates. I was originally told that the front gates were not able to be programmed into automatic openers in cars, but my BMW "learned it just fine". That's when I got excited because if I can get the Viper to learn it, then I can get rid of my openers in the car and be back to keeping NOTHING in the car that could be stolen when parked with the top down. However, when I tried the gates again with my H2, it will NOT learn the signal. I don;t know if the BMW was "smarter" or what. Anyway, I have my doubts now about a homelink mirror learning the gates. While it would be nice to get rid of the remote for the garages, I would still have to have the gate remote, which *****.

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I too am interested in this option. Although I cannot seem to find any homelink mirrors with map lights that will work for the verts.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I couldn't find any with lights either, but I think I might have used those lights twice since I've owned the car.

chiurw

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got an '06 Viper five months ago and loving it. Traded in my '01 Z06 for it. Anyway, you can buy a generic Homelink transmitter off of Ebay for about $25.00. Take the driver's side sunvisor off and take it and the Homelink to an upholstery shop so they can incorporate the Homelink device into it. All you have to do is bring a 12-volt source up to the sunvisor and it should work.

Someone on the Z06Vette forum posted this a while back since the C5 Z06 did not come with Homelink. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have sun visors anymore, so that oprion won't work for me. :)

I honestly thought they looked awful on the vert with the top down and sticking up above the windshield. Taking them off was one of the first things I did.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like the rear view mirror from an 01 to 05 Sebring convertible with homelink may do the trick, as it has a map light in the bottom.:dunno:

Probably have to buy one with a wiring pigtail to adapt it. Oh, and it's compass looks to be red, which would match our interior gauges better than GM green.

TrapperJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought an old homelink control off of ebay and built it into my visor following the old link mentioned above. Then I made an engraved ss plaque to cover the access hole. on one side all you see is the small trim plate with three buttons and an led. It is a PIA project and you have to be willing to sacrifice the visor. You can easily slip and ruin the vinyl. The acces hole is rather large.

Last edited:

Sho off

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I havent tried anything with a sebring mirror myself. I have removed the sun visors on my car since they just don't fit with the vert, but otherwise I would have gone that route by now.

Been too busy enjoying the car to really think about a door opener :)

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
15 years ago I wanted that type on integration in my '96 Maxima. What I did was buy a cheap little square button and wired it into the garage door remote which I kept hidden inside the dash. I mounted the button on a little blank plate that was on the dash near the steering wheel column. I did the same thing with my '68 Corvette a few years ago. On the corvette I mounted the button in the center console and hid the remote in one of the rear compartments.

Do a google image search for "momentary button" and you'll likely find a button that will look ok on the dash or in the center console.

If your gate is Liftmaster you might be able to use one of their key fob remotes.

~Jay

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a remote for the entry gate, and one each for two garage doors....so three buttons total........I need to find a Sebring mirror and try to install it....

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone tried "radar-mirror" ? They integrate radars and homelink systems. I saw a Valentine radar integrated onto the mirror of a Gallardo. It looked very clean. The homelink button they integrate are bulky-ish, but work well from what I hear.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960