Hood Adjustments

Bud Fox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all... enclosed is a pic of a 97 GTS from the drivers side. The gap in front of the side mirror is too close and is actually rubbing. Is there any adjustment to open this gap slightly?

Thanks in Advance

You must be registered for see images attach

picture kinda *****....sorry

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless your door is out of adjustment on the other end where the latches are, and assuming you don't want to needlessly become a master body alignment expert on fixing said latch end of the door, I would ensure first that the placement of the hood on the vehicle chassis is correct. Has the car ever been wrecked? Can you post pics of the fit of the hood along the top of the sill, to the fascia in front of the front tire, the headlight side and frontal view, and along the nose of the car where the badge is?

OP
OP
B

Bud Fox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Dave

Never been wrecked..gap on the passenger side is wider than drivers...possible that the hood is tweaked from improper closure?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having looked at your pic again the hood looks low in the door interface area. Raising it at that area would increase the gap you are needing to adjust. That is a fairly simple adjustment but before I would say get after it those other pics I mentioned would be very useful to ensure fixing problem A does not create problem B.

OP
OP
B

Bud Fox

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hows this

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From that pic the hood appears to aligned well with the door, short of the gap issue. The door either needs to go back, or the hood forward. Moving the door back is easier possibly, but if the gap and fit on the latch end of the door is already good (is it...?) then what's left is the hood. Once you get your pic posting issue solved I would still want to see them before further advising.