Hood shocks

sambo32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I close my front hood on my 09 viper, I hear a crackling sound coming from the passenger side hood hinge. I know that sound is the fiberglass, so could the hood shocks be a little to stiff for the hood. Anyone else hear this type of sound when closing the hood. Should I just remove the shocks, to put less tension on the hood.

Reaction score
When I close my front hood on my 09 viper, I hear a crackling sound coming from the passenger side hood hinge. I know that sound is the fiberglass, so could the hood shocks be a little to stiff for the hood. Anyone else hear this type of sound when closing the hood. Should I just remove the shocks, to put less tension on the hood.

Check to make sure that the cable there on the corners is not getting crushed on something. Some creaking can happen though, also check the nuts that hold the hood to the hinges. Do NOT over tighten but check that they are snugged.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try a little WD-40 on the ends of the hood props [pivot points], also some on the shaft. Then work your hood a few times to see if the noise goes away?

OP
OP
S

sambo32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck for the advice, but it did not work and still makes that crackling sound of fiberglass. I may just remove the shocks, and put them back in when I take my viper to you for a full exhaust system.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang