Houston chapter of VCA dieing, What is happening w/ the VCA

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems that the Houston branch of the VCA is all but dead. I understand that our President is leaving his post, sold his Viper and moving into the motel business full time. He no longer has a Viper and the club has lost direction.
Prashant AKA "**** Daddy" has left the building. :( :mad:

What is your thoughts about your area VCA, dead of going strong, what is the future of the VCA? Opinions please

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too many fast Texans to stand around..... certainly someone out there in Texas has time and love of the Vipers, to pick up where Prashant has left off and continue a legacy !

Cudaman :usa:

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may be your turn. Things in New England are great right now. Texas is a big State, I am sure it makes things challenging. The future is in the hands of its members. Seems to be an influx of younger Viper owners (different generation). With there own ideas and attitudes, but most people drop the attitude when they get together. If you want your club to grow you have to be willing to put some time in, and participate. I doubt I have said anything new, but I have noticed lately that people get on this board and talk a lot of smack. It does not serve the club, to many members will just not come back to the board (waste their time). If the people who have been here long term go away, so will the information that is so valuable to owning/servicing/running these cars. Treat this board with respect and it will serve the Viper community well. Act like a punk and you'll be left holding your dick.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Don't know about Texas, but So Cal VCA rocks! Here is what our turn out looks like for our most recent event, the Coronado Historic Races, near San Diego. Many Viper owners in LA/Orange County won't go that far South, so this is even a stronger testament to the health of the SO Cal VCA, that so many turn out for an event in San Diego. I think the most popular GTG is the Santa Brabara cruise, last one had about 65 Vipers. Hope this doesn't sound like bragging, but just wanted other VCA members in other areas to know that the VCA is very strong out here.
180so_cal_VCA_rocks_.jpg

67Dsc04227.jpg

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
he was talking about the Houston Club, not all of Texas...

Presently there are three clubs in Texas. The North Texas Region is still
very active.

Don't know whats going on in Houston. They probably just need to get a
new President.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Dang Vic I don't even think we have that many Vipers in all of Ontario!

I think California has the most Vipers by state. I'm glad I stayed in So Cal, after growing up in grey, snowy New Yawk. Six months of grey skies is the pits. Now out here in So Cal, you can drive your Viper or motorcycle year round, and almost never have to wear a jacket.

Whoops! Don't want everyone to move here, uh, uhm, did I forget to tell you about the really monstrous EARTHQUAKES we have here? And FLOODS, and FIRESTORMS, and RIOTS? Bad place, very bad place. STAY AWAY, if you know whats good for you!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The best chicks in the USA are in Texas though...

Texas women struck me as very impressive when I was there, sweet and sassy, pretty and feminine. Makes you happy you are a man.

Birvini

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This summer our club did a parade run at Chicagoland speedway before the Tropicana 400.

Here we are getting ready to go.

You must be registered for see images

And we're off!!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Wow, Tracy, those high banked turns give me a chubby! :2tu: :headbang:

Nice turnout you got there!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Lou, Tracy, and Maui, thanks for the compliments on the pictures.. I didn't take them, it was "viperweb". My pics of the day weren't as dramatic. Leave it to a graphic designer like "viperweb" to find the cool photo angles.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been wondering what happened to the Houston club. I have not heard anything since the drive to Galveston. I have only been in the club for 6 months, but it would be nice to get together again.

Of course it would help to have my car back too...

Andy

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rohn,

I totally agree and this is a perfect example of how there is little to no communication between the VCA and its members. :(

NOTHING has happened in the Houston VCA for the reasons you listed since early this year. Prashant did a great job - but there has been no communication from the VCA or requests for someone to pick-up the torch where Prashant left off.

Shouldn't our Regional or Zone Director pick up the ball when something like this happens?? I am sure if the VCA communicated this news to the Houston members someone would pick-up the ball and get our club back on track.

If nothing happens real soon I don't plan to renew my membership.

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rohn,

I totally agree and this is a perfect example of how there is little to no communication between the VCA and its members. :(

NOTHING has happened in the Houston VCA for the reasons you listed since early this year. Prashant did a great job - but there has been no communication from the VCA or requests for someone to pick-up the torch where Prashant left off.

Shouldn't our Regional or Zone Director pick up the ball when something like this happens?? I am sure if the VCA communicated this news to the Houston members someone would pick-up the ball and get our club back on track.

Yep, your Zone Director absolutely SHOULD pick up the ball when something like "THAT" happens. Unfortunately, Zone Director's are not given crystal balls by the VCA when they are elected. Here's a little scorecard for the Houston region since "early in the year"......

Number of complaints I've received from ANY source: ...... None (until this message thread yesterday).

I do know that Prashant, along with quite a few people from the Houston region came to the Zone Rendezvous in Dallas at the end of June. Prashant participated in the Region President's meeting, and I heard no complaints or concerns from anyone in that region during the weekend. I also heard from Prashant about a month ago regarding a big drag racing event to be held December 7th, which I was considering attending. Not quite sure where the "disaster" lies here, nor if there really IS a ball to be picked up, but rest asured I'm going to go looking for it...... NOW!

In the meantime, I guess my question back is to ask what have you guys done about this problem locally before yesterday? No region is just "one person" now. Have any of you called or talked with Vice-President John Hackett, or Sec-Tres Mike Prokop? If not, I suggest you do. Each VCA region is a separate corporation, and there is not much that ANY Zone Director can do, or National, as outsiders, to magically "fix" a region. We are not either officers OR board members of your corporations. It HAS to begin with local volunteers. Once there are people available who have expressed the desire to serve their fellow members, and will actually DO the work, then there are things that CAN be done by outsiders to help.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
As Ghandi says- "You must BE the change you seek", and in the immortal words of Michael Jackson- "I'm looking at the man in the mirror"

J/K! Anybody **** yet? :D

All kidding aside, a lot of what the VCA does, and whatever good it is, lies with the membership. You gotta be "in it, to win it". Here's hoping the Houston chapter thrives-

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score

How about picking up the ball yourself? back in college I was ******** about the radio station & some guy said can you do better? Of course I said yes & the next thing I knew I was the AM DJ. Sort of the same thing with this or any other club.The Georgia region was dead and or dying.When we couldnt influence the then current management, we just did our own thing. Then the next thing you know we are running the place & it now Rocks, as anyone who attended the zone rendevouse can attest. Its easy to [******], but its just as easy to step up & do it.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We in the North Texas VCA are very fortunate to have Kingman living in our immediate area. He is a very active member and an excellent Zone Director. King cares about all things Viper and I'm sure will look into what is going on down in Houston.

As other have mentioned, Texas has three different clubs and you really do get out of the club what you put into it!! The NT VCA has many active memebers who pull together to coordinate events and, therefore, is not necessarly reliant upon one or two individuals.

There are too many FAST Vipers in Houston for that part of the VCA to "die"!! :)

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel the same way out here in NJ. There just isn't as much "go get it" attitude anymore. Everyone is just sitting back and relaxing except for a HUGE handful of people. I think we need to seriously address this problem and fix it from the source.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear [email protected]:

I also fully understand with what you are saying but if that many people are not showing interest then one person will have to do a HUGE amount of work to TRY and get something going. Even then there is no guarantee. It is a bit much for one person. People as a whole are the only ones that can fix this problem.