Houston offering...

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In case any of my fellow Viper owners in Houston are in need, I have the following to lend out:

1 g-tech meter
1 auto-xray code reader/clearer for all ODB-II (1996 and above)
1 rear brake tool for 2001 (in the mail from JonB)

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperdoctor,

Thanks for the offer. I might need to use the code reader/clearer once I get my motor re-installed and the car back on the road.

Thanks,

Anthony

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice for offering, have you gotten that G-tech to read right for you? if so I will have to come over. Anthony where did you take you car to have the motor replaced?

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prashant,

I have not taken the car anywhere to get the motor/transmission re-installed.

Right now I am currently breaking the car further down. I needed to re-place both front upper ball joint seal boots so I ended-up removing the entire front and rear suspension for painting and powder coating to match the car.

This weekend I am re-moving the valve covers, intake and other engine parts to have them powder coated the correct red to match the car.

I think it will be another 4-5 months before I am completely finished with the cosmetic, interior and performance upgrades.

On a side note, I just joined the VCA this week so I look forward to meeting you out at the drag races on the 21st.

Anthony

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am Glad you joined the VCA before your even rolling...Look forward to meeting you at the Drag Strip. and Good luck with putting the car back together (looks like allot of work)...if I can help in anyway feel free to contact me.

Clayton Kresge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
J**z Anthony, 4 or 5 months?! You better get a move on! j/k
smile.gif

Check your email for a parts update.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

This re-build is turning into a little bigger project than I had planned. It just makes sense that while everything is apart to do it right and add some custom touches and performance upgrades.

I'm sure that by the time I am done I will have bought parts or service from most of the vendors on the board. Just in the last week I have ordered parts from Parts Rack, Sean Roe Racing, BTR Performance, Northwind Engineering, MGW, Tire Rack, LA Performance as well as some used parts from the VCA Classifies and a service manual off Ebay.

I will take the digital camera from the office and take some of the dissembled/before pictures and then I'll have to figure out how to post them.

Clayton - thanks for the update and for following thru on all the parts you promised to provide.

Anthony

OP
OP
V

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prashant, I feel my g-tech is working as well as it can, but it is widely accepted that the unit does not give exact measurements of 0-60, 1/4 mile, HP, braking distance, and cornering g...

That being said, it's pretty close. And it's considered very useful for testing before and after performance of mods -- sure beats trips to the dyno or track just for a quick check between tunes...