"Houston We Have Liftoff" poster wanted

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Houston / This is Detroit" poster wanted

Does anyone know where I can purchase a poster that I have seen with the following description (sorry don't have picture of poster):

Houston / This is Detroit with a 96 B/W GTS below the title

Thanks in advance for any info. :)
Cheers
Jason

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll assume you've tried ebay, google, others?

You might contact them - http://www.theviperstore.com/index.html

I've never actually seen them this poster for sale. Where I did see the poster was in a Viper magazine that had an article for a Dodge/Chrysler big wig. There was a picture of him sitting at his desk and on the wall behind him was the framed poster. The poster is awesome!!

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have that poster, sorry it's not for sale. My last name is Huston. It actually says " Houston, this is Detroit." They were a dealer only poster and never for sale to the general public to my knowledge. If I see another one I'll snag it for you.

Doc.

Last edited:

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to the website of the International Automotive Advertising Awards, in 1996 that poster got a Bronze award in the PASSENGER CARS – SPORT– OUTDOOR category.

Dodge Viper – “Houston/This Is Detroit”
BBDO
BRONZE

http://www.iaaawards.com/new/1996/96print.htm

I can only assume that BBDO is the company who did the marketing/design work for it... Might be worth contacting them to see if a limited run of prints might be possible? I'd definitely be interested in a copy...

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
According to the website of the International Automotive Advertising Awards, in 1996 that poster got a Bronze award in the PASSENGER CARS – SPORT– OUTDOOR category.

Dodge Viper – “Houston/This Is Detroit”
BBDO
BRONZE

http://www.iaaawards.com/new/1996/96print.htm

I can only assume that BBDO is the company who did the marketing/design work for it... Might be worth contacting them to see if a limited run of prints might be possible? I'd definitely be interested in a copy...

This is excellent information!! Thanks for correcting me with the poster title which is:

"Houston / This is Detroit"

I will contact BBDO and see what the scoop is. I'll get back with info.

Thanks for the assistance!:headbang:

Cheers
Jason

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have that poster, sorry it's not for sale. My last name is Huston. It actually says " Houston, this is Detroit." They were a dealer only poster and never for sale to the general public to my knowledge. If I see another one I'll snag it for you.

Doc.

Hey Doc!

Happy to hear that someone has the poster...just not me :( How much are you asking for it? Where should the bidding start? :D

Ya, I know you don't want to sell it.

Thanks for the info!
Jason

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have that poster as well - all framed and hanging on my garage wall. I found it on ebay after many months of searching. Its a great poster and no, its not for sale.

Bob K

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have that poster as well - all framed and hanging on my garage wall. I found it on ebay after many months of searching. Its a great poster and no, its not for sale.

Bob K

I knew that there had to be someone out there in Viperland that had the poster. :D Just not me :omg: Any chance you can take a pic of the poster and post for all to see :eater:
Cheers
Jason

Frank Mattioli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might be 14 years too late, but I got one and would be willing to let it go for the right price!

Attachments

• IMG_4002.JPG
    IMG_4002.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 19