How about a VOI 11 Commemorative DVD?

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picture this:

Those regions that want to record on camera their preparations, journey, attendance as well as the road home, and the VCA hires a professional MTV and/or Hollywood style music video editor to cut and glue everything together (well folks did it this way in the old days) into a way over the top cool video if not a movie in itself.
A couple of soundtrack songs that come to mind:

- Rossini : William Tell Overture
- The Rolling Stones : Start Me Up
- Bruce Springsteen : Born In The USA
- Rascal Flatts : Life Is A Highway
- Limp Bizkit : My Way / Rollin'
- Kid Rock : Cowboy
- Jerry Reed : Westbound And Down/Eastbound And Down
- Moby : Flower
- Howard Scott Band/WAR : Low Rider
- Jefferson Starship : We Built This City On Rock And Roll
- Kicking Harold : Gasoline (Overhaulin' show theme)
- Rob Zombie : Supercharger Heaven (for those Roe and Paxton guys)
- Quiet Riot : Come On Feel The Noise
- Alice Cooper : Poison
- Snap : The Power
- Da Muttz : Wassup
- George Thorogood : Bad To The Bone
- Groove Armada : If Everybody Looked The Same
- Western Underground : Broken In
- The first song of the video below, supposed to be from Western Underground
- Kenny Loggins - Highway To The Dangerzone (simply put, we ain't doing it without this song!)

How part of the video could look/sound like:

http://www.youtube.com/v/3w5c5RmuC00

General scenario in shorthand, each sequence is repeated by those regions that are contributing to have an interesting variation factor:

- Everyone waking up in the morning
- Walking to their cars/trucks-with-trailers grabbing their last bits of gear before heading out
- Turning the keys, this is where Start Me Up by the Stones comes in
- Rolling around town before getting on the highway
- Entering the on ramp and merging with the other traffic
- Racing on a closed course if traffic allows it (you know what I'm talking about right ;) )
- All the different caravans merging with one another
- Stopping by individual member's houses along the way to pick them up (can be implicated in the rolling around town bit too)
- The giant caravan cruising on down the highway stretching for miles on end (Westbound And Down song)
- First sights of the Salt Lake City suburbs
- Entering town
- Arriving at the destination
- All the activities during the event (pranks and other types of fun are mandatory!!!! especially regarding the color wars!)
- Wrapping up the event (still need a couple of songs for this)
- Driving back home
- Reflecting upon all the things we did with a picture slideshow and short video clips

I know right, too much time on my hands... but don't you like the thought of all the above :2tu:? Suggestions for more/different songs are very welcome!

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on guys, 47 views and Robert and myself are the only ones interested so far?

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on guys, 47 views and Robert and myself are the only ones interested so far?

It's already in the works my friend. Thanks for supplying all the music suggestions. My VCA Ohio webmaster will be putting together a video of the trip. People taking video can send him the footage for him to use, etc.

He made a short video of the "Last Gen IV Viper"
It can be seen at www.viperclubohio.org

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The video wouldn't be complete without the following songs as well.

1.Black Betty
2. The Bug (Dire Straits)
3. Heavy Fuel (Dire Straits)
4. Dad I'm In Jail by (What up dog) for any po po stop pics)
5. Destination Unknown (Missing Persons)
6. The Distance (Fashion Nugget)
7. Every day is a winding road (Sheryl Crow)
8. Fly Me Away (goldfrapp)
9. GO (Asia)
10. Joyride (Roxette)
11. Not Gonna Get Us (T.A.T.U.)
12. Oh Yeah (Yello)
13. Play with me (Extreme)
14. Real Gone (Cars Soundtrack)
15. Roam (B-52's)
16. 99 Luftbaloons (Lena)

Just a thought, shoot me down if ya need to.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way cool man :2tu: It would be even better if the other regions will chime in so that all participating regions will be represented in the final product.
Any idea how I can get in touch with all of the regional presidents? I would like to seriously pursue this venture!

It's already in the works my friend. Thanks for supplying all the music suggestions. My VCA Ohio webmaster will be putting together a video of the trip. People taking video can send him the footage for him to use, etc.

He made a short video of the "Last Gen IV Viper"
It can be seen at www.viperclubohio.org

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Phun70, you will not hear me complain! There's a couple very good ones in your list. Heck, speaking about being complete, I almost forgot Golden Earring - Radar Love :D

Real Gone is from Sheryl Crow by the way, and 99 Luftballons is from Nena instead of Lena ;)

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Phun70, you will not hear me complain! There's a couple very good ones in your list. Heck, speaking about being complete, I almost forgot Golden Earring - Radar Love :D

Real Gone is from Sheryl Crow by the way, and 99 Luftballons is from Nena instead of Lena ;)

Yeah, I figured Sheryl Crow did Real Gone, I'm just lettin ya know where I found it. Sorry about the fat fingers on Nena.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good grief I just finished mailing all the region presidents, thank God for Ctrl + c and Ctrl + V!! I can no longer see my own name and e-mail address, yugh :rolaugh:

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Illinois region is IN on account of many members from WI, IL, MI, IN, IA, Germany and AL/TN is pending! COME ON PEOPLE JOIN IN ON THIS COOL VENTURE OF OURS!!!

Gonna put my music director role hat on :cool:

Def Leppard - Pour Some Sugar On Me

"Red light yellow light green light GO..."
You must be registered for see images attach

Allman Brothers - Midnight Rider or the Kid Rock/Hank Williams Jr. mashup version
Apollo 440 - Can't Stop The Rock (underway footage background and during the VOI activities?)
Baha Men - Who Let The Dogs out (rolling around town before entering highway and/or rolling into town?)
Axel F. - Crazy Frog :rolaugh:
The Beatles - Revolution
Belinda Carlisle - Heaven Is A Place On Earth or a better suitable cover version
Björk - It's Oh So Quiet (you know which scenes, waking up in the morning and scaring the piss out of those who are still sleeping just for fun :lmao:)
Bone Crusher - Just Like Wylin' (OH YEA! Time to head for Salt Lake City folks! driving around town scenes, highway scenes and in-SLC shots)
Bachman Turner Overdrive - Taking Care Of Bussiness (why of course, taking care of occasional Corvette or other bussiness!)
Busta Rhymes feat. Kelis - I Love My Chick (well we do love Vipers don't we)
Cake - Going The Distance ('nuff said)
Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back To Me Now for the last chapter where members of each region sit down to talk about their adventures
Jungle Book - The Bare Necessities (ok I admit, I'm straight up NUTS but won't this one be cool in some scenes because we will all be taking only... the bare necessities?)
Jungle Book - The Elephant March (come on, you guys will be laughing your butts of if this one is played in underway scenes or when people are waiting for things in a line at VOI :lmao:)
Cirque Du Soleil - Allegria for those stunning nature shots
Blondie - One Way Or Another we will be making it to SLC! (highway shots obviously)
Disney Classic - Yo ** (A Pirate's Life For Me) yup, drinking scenes during VOI :rolaugh:
DJ Ötzi - Anton aus Tirol for our German/Swiss members
DMX - Party Up!
DMX - Ruff Riders (underway/highway scenes)
Doobie Brothers - Drift Away (reminiscing when back home again)
Eminem - Rock City
En Vogue - Free Your Mind
Gwen Stefani, Alicia Keys and Missy Elliot - Kiss
Ray Charles - Hit The Road Jack
Ike & Tina Turner - Rolling Down A River (well there are rivers underway no?)
Inspector Gadget theme for when members are stopped by the police :lmao:
Spencer Davis Group - Gimme Some Lovin' ("well I'm... so glad we made it, gimme some lovin".. you guessed it, arriving at the hotel scenes! and maybe underway scenes)
Adrenaline - Road Of The Gypsy (underway scenes)
James Brown - I Feel Good
Jefferson Starship - Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now (leaving home and rolling around town shots)
Jimmy Buffett - Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open (alcohol ruuuuuuun!!)
Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It (action shots in SLC, come on people we be pullin' pranks on each other right?? especially with the color wars :rolaugh:)
John Denver - Calypso (dunno why, felt like it needs to be here)
Journey - Any Way You Want It (funny and cool action shots)
Kazzer - Pedal To The Metal (underway and when attacking "opportune targets")
Keith Urban - Where The Blacktop Ends (in SLC that is!!)
Lenny Kravitz - Where Are We Runnin' (cruising around town before highway and underway shots!)
Lenny Kravitz - American Woman (Vipers are beautiful American Women! video shots of preferably customized Vipers)
Mario Lanza - Drink, Drink, Drink (party and alcohol scenes)
Marylin Manson - Mobscene (come on, does a group of action hungry Viper people look like anything else than a mob :rolaugh:?)
MC Hammer - U Can't Touch This
Muddy Waters - Mannish Boy (always good for SOME scene)
Bob Seger - Old Time Rock & Roll (underway and anything else that is also suitable)
P. Diddy - Bad Boy For Life (police shots and anything else that is also suitable)
Papa Roach - Last Resort
Puff Daddy - Come With Me (to VOI 11 :headbang:)

Queen - Another One Bites The Dust, Don't Stop Me Now (party by night scenes), I Want It All (rolling into Salt Lake City, stoked to be part of everything), One Vision (entering the highway), We Will Rock You (rolling into SLC letting everyone know that they are about to get rocked :headbang:)

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away Now, By The Way, Californication
Rob Base & DJ EX Rock - It Takes Two
Sam Kinison - Wild Thing
Outkast - Land Of A MilLion Drums
Shaggy - It Wasn't Me (honest officer :lmao:!)
The Offspring - Pretty Fly For A White Guy
The Knack - My Sharona
The Who - Teenage Wasteland
Three Doors Down - Kryptonite
Tina Turner - Nutbush City Limits (the invasion of the nutcases turns SLC into.. well.. Nutbush City :rolaugh:?)
Hulk Hogan Theme - I Am A Real American

Metallica - Enter Sandman, Devil's Dance, FUEL :headbang:, King Nothing, Master Of The Puppets, Seek & Destroy, Star Wars Imperial March (yup, marching into SLC :D), Wherever I May Roam, Whiskey In The Jar, well any of the other older ones that were pure gold

Mötley Crüe - Kickstart My Heart (starting up all cars and driving away to SLC), Girls Girls Girls (for those crazy bachelors among you), Looks That Kill
Nickelback - Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting, Photograph (reflecting upon memories made)

Hopefully you guys are feeling my passion for catching songs that nail it spot on! I am continuing to look for other suggestions as far as breakdown scenes, alcohol/party scenes, beautiful nature underway scenes, and the back home again part go because I have the feeling that I'm lacking in cool content.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
North Texas is pending, will only have a handful of people in attendance but will hear more in a bit.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The VCA has a VERY top-notch video editor/producer and you will see a little of what they can do at VOI 11. I see no reason we couldn't get them involved in this project as well!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't believe you listed Queen and forgot "We Are the Champions"for the ACR record video shots (along the way to VOI, of course).

So who should I ask my buddy to send the scenery/Viper pics to for this VOI video to? Trip preperation includes practising? Burnouts for the start of the trip?

Ted

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe you listed Queen and forgot "We Are the Champions"for the ACR record video shots (along the way to VOI, of course).

So who should I ask my buddy to send the scenery/Viper pics to for this VOI video to? Trip preperation includes practising? Burnouts for the start of the trip?

Ted

Hi Ted, that is still to be determined as of yet but if Chris just promised us that he has our backs I have all the faith in the world that you will hear more as this project keeps progressing :2tu:!!
Reason I did not post We Are The Champions is... well... that was last VOI and was already celebrated more or less back then ;)

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That just made my day right there :2tu:!

Chris, thank you VERY MUCH for your offer! I have not had everyone of the regional presidents report back on my e-mail yet so if the club leadership would like to provide additional help through it's own official channels to really have ALL participating regions in on this I would most greatly appreciate it. The regions that have responded until now are listed here in this topic, which leaves the rest to still respond or be contacted. I am extremely motivated to make this work!
I have a couple of modifications to the scenario in mind and will open a separate topic on a newly formed initiative when I get back home from work, it comes down to having someone burn all of the songs mentioned here so far on a small USB memory stick and/or several CD's so that people can travel completely in style.

The VCA has a VERY top-notch video editor/producer and you will see a little of what they can do at VOI 11. I see no reason we couldn't get them involved in this project as well!

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snap I just got a perfect idea for the opening video after Ted gave me the idea!

Remember the Top Gear test of that black SRT-10 convertable with Clarkson burnout-ing the Viper name? Now add the text 'VOI 11' into the picture.... feel that briliant idea light bulb flashing yet :D? Yes Sir someone needs to lay down a perfect VOI 11 onto a good looking stretch of asphalt!
Then, just like in the movie when the fog is still fresh after the car has left the screen, a different Viper in the form of a white ACR-X needs to slowly roll right next to the left part of VOI 11 and the rubber patches that form the text get morphed into the logo we see on top of this forum page.. leave it be for about 5 seconds.. cue ACR-X fishtailing out of view to the left with an extremely frightened owner staring at a horde of fast approaching computer designed cartoonish looking Vipers that drive the logo to shreds from various directions until just a few shards are still sticking to the screen, almost immediately after the last one has left we hear brakes squealing and all Vipers driving into reverse back onto the screen from outside of view, stopping just shy of the shredded logo, computer generated owners exit cars, standing there looking at the logo three scratch their heads and everyone is kind of looking like ''**** fellas that is some mess we made now what are we gonna do?'', after a couple of seconds (let's say 7) turn towards the screen, form a huge ear-to-ear grin on their faces and all give one thumb up, fade out to black.
There is still more in my head but the creativity juice is all gone after the above lump of text. Subject to minor changes and a continued story!

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK, but why not have VOI 11 being filmed as it's being laid down by 6 Vipers at once (except the V would require two and I'd suggest staggering them so they don't touch.

Ted

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, but why not have VOI 11 being filmed as it's being laid down by 6 Vipers at once (except the V would require two and I'd suggest staggering them so they don't touch.

Ted

That sounds good let's do it that way: 1x gen 1, 1x gen 1.5, 2x gen 2 (R/T10 and GTS), 1x gen 3, 1x gen 4 and the white ACR-X being the last one, and then have all but the ACR-X come back for the logo smashing run :2tu:
Let's have the drivers get into a little blaming-each-other on which color gets the blame discussion before they look into the camera and put their thumb up.. let the color wars reach a HUGE ****** :lmao:! After the opening movie they will return in the chapter selection menu to introduce each scenario point.

Gen 1: Stretch
Gen 1.5: Chad
Gen 2 R/T10: ???
Gen 2 GTS: Mopar Boy
Gen 3: Gotvenom08 a.k.a. Tim
Gen 4: ???

AL/TN and Colorado regions are IN, Western Canada and Switzerland are doing their own DVD's but are hopefully willing to let us incorporate at least some of the material for the clubwide DVD.
The others have not responded back yet, if people know someone who knows someone who can reach them about our project please contact that person!

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Color wars! lol

YEA BABY :lmao:!!!

Hey wait we already have a yellow Viper in the mix..

Gen 1: bluequadcab a.k.a. Jimmy
Gen 1.5: Chad
Gen 2 R/T10: ???
Gen 2 GTS: Mopar Boy
Gen 3: ???
Gen 4: Gotvenom08 a.k.a. Tim

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok guys, Chris offered assistance with the project but I suspect he is very busy (no reply on my pm yet), can anyone get a hold of him so I can get in touch with the video editor he mentioned? The presentation videos at VOI were indeed excellent :2tu:
Figured I would let everyone get back to their regularly scheduled lives before bringing this to attention again.

V

Venomiss

Ok guys, Chris offered assistance with the project but I suspect he is very busy (no reply on my pm yet), can anyone get a hold of him so I can get in touch with the video editor he mentioned? The presentation videos at VOI were indeed excellent :2tu:
Figured I would let everyone get back to their regularly scheduled lives before bringing this to attention again.

Yes, Chris is a busy guy.:)
There will be a DVD video available in the future to purchase offered on the VOI11.com site in the future. It is being worked on now but is not done yet.

OP
OP
I

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Mary, after work on the video is done I want to borrow the VCA video editor for this project!