how can i post pics?

v8huntr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can someone tell me how i can post pictures here.

thanks

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need help as well. I finally took my Kodak out of the box. I have the pics on my pc in "my pictures" but have not figured out how to put them in my email. My email is with Netscape and I am on a friends MSN dial up(*****). Would like to put some pics on here as well.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chris,

It's not that hard really. When you start a new topic you get a screen that includes a text box, a bunch of emoticons, place to enter your username and password, etc. If you look under the "Password" box you will see an option to "Upload your files".

Select this and a new box will pop up where you enter your username and password and then the path on your computer where the pic file is located. After you have located the right file, click on "Upload Now" and wait for the upload to be completed.

You will then be taken back to the text box screen where you now click on "View/Delete/Get Upload Code" option. Click on "View Files" and a list of your uploaded files appears with HTML code that can be cut and pasted back into your original message in the text box to make the picture appear in your post.

It's a little convoluted, but not that hard. If you need more help give me a call.

Gary

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is so ridiculously difficult, I've never been able to do it in the four years I've frequented this board. Perhaps I lack the patience or fortitude - whatever!

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the easiest way to do it is to have your ISP provide you with about 2-4m of storage space. You'll usually need a username and password.

They'll tell you the number for it. It's usually like 168.193.1.1 or something like that.

You get a FTP program. It will ask you for the number above and then the user name and password. You then use the FTP program to transfer the picture to your web site.

Then you find out the URL of the picture. If you hit the little picture icon above it will ask you to input the URL. Then you're done.

I agee that splitting atoms is a little easier. The first time or two is a really pain, but after about 30 or 40 times it gets a little easier.

OP
OP
V

v8huntr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GaryA:
Hey Chris,

It's not that hard really. When you start a new topic you get a screen that includes a text box, a bunch of emoticons, place to enter your username and password, etc. If you look under the "Password" box you will see an option to "Upload your files".

Select this and a new box will pop up where you enter your username and password and then the path on your computer where the pic file is located. After you have located the right file, click on "Upload Now" and wait for the upload to be completed.

You will then be taken back to the text box screen where you now click on "View/Delete/Get Upload Code" option. Click on "View Files" and a list of your uploaded files appears with HTML code that can be cut and pasted back into your original message in the text box to make the picture appear in your post.

It's a little convoluted, but not that hard. If you need more help give me a call.

Gary

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hi gary

how are you? i hope you had great new year.
thanks for your help.

p.s
can you email me your number. here is my email.
[email protected]

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought I'd try the upload system.

I'm thinking about going to the Stop Tech system for brakes.

Here's the rear now. I'm wondering how its going to work with the emergency brake.

194rearbrake.jpg

Here's the view from below.

194rearbrake2.jpg

Ah. This was done totally with the Viper Club upgrade system.

First I had to register. Used a fake name "NeilV". I uploaded two pictures. I then went to make this post.

I went back to my pictures. (There's probably an easier way than this) and then right clicked properties over the picture. The address for the picture was there. I put the cursor over the address and then hit control C. I then went back to the post and hit the image button. I then hit control V. Viola! Picture on post.

I am so amazed.

Flyng Low

VCA Member
Reaction score
Chris, Check out the other "pictures?" thread I just bumped up with this one. A bunch of us learned an easy way to add pictures to our forum letters. It works, and doesn't require any one else to set up anything for you.
Curt

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vreracing:
Thought I'd try the upload system.

I'm thinking about going to the Stop Tech system for brakes.

Here's the rear now. I'm wondering how its going to work with the emergency brake.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not to hijack this thread, but I just thought I would respond to VREracing. I have the StopTechs and the stock rear caliper is relocated and used exclusively for emergency braking. It works out real nice and is a clean solution.

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess while we're hijacking.

The mechanic that works on my car spent about 15 minutes or so on the phone with JonB about the Stoptechs. He felt pretty comfortable about the brakes and their installation.

The other question was what type of pads to get?

I'm trying to get a Porsche/BMW feel to the brakes.

Life is full of so many choices.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness