How come no racing SRT's?

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A question has plagued me for some time and that is how come you don't see any racing srt's for sale? From time to time you will see racing GTS's but I don't know if I have ever seen a racing SRT in the classifieds. Does everytbody simply jump to the Comp Coupe?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SCCA rules and restrictions were not kind to SRT10. Too much HP in Gen 4! The older T-1 regs relaxed on Gen 2. So anyone wanting a competitive, purpose-built race car likely went with a VCC.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ARe you Looking for a SRT set up for Road Racing ? IF so i have the car for you....

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I have a 2001 GTS ACR in the classifieds that could easily be turned into a race car. Just gut it and add a roll cage (roll bar already installed). Engine, trans, suspension, brakes, oiling, cooling all ready to race.

Dan

ssnaked

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cindy Lux and Scotty White ran an SRT10s in SCCA T-1. Scotty's car runs with the Viper Racing League now. By the time you covert a new SRT to a full race prepared car you can buy a Competition Coupe. Its really not cost effective unless you can get a used one really cheap and that leaves you buying a 2006 or jumping up to a Gen 4. I have an SRT 10 very close to race prepared. Wish I had bought a Comp Coupe instead.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456