How difficult to 'un-bolt' the roof?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How difficult to \'un-bolt\' the roof?

With the new coupe being basically an SRT vert with a roof added, how difficult would it be to remove said roof section? If it's a matter of unbolting the header and 1/4 panel sections, could you then add a modified verts trunk lid and have an old Mercedes style SL kinda system? (Hardtop section on pulleys in the garage) I know, it sounded silly to me the first time I heard it, but think about it before flaming me royally!

Hirohawa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: How difficult to \'un-bolt\' the roof?

You would then have to fabricate a piece to go over the huge gap left by the missing trunk/hatch system.

It would look cool as I prefer the back end of teh coupe over the convertible.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do you really think the hood is bolted in? I would assume it is welded somewhere.

Kelly06

Viper Owner
Reaction score

SO everyone was screaming for a coupe. Now you want to take the top off? :eek:

OP
OP
V

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes, I want to take the top off! There was NO WAY to do it on a GTS, but this 'easy' design of adding the roof made me think. Look at the trunk cut-out. It's exactly the same as the convertible. The section along the front is also exactly the same as the convertible, probably just replaces the latches with bolts.

Paul, I like the idea but the shape of the side windows screws the lines up too much. It doesn't matter how good the hatch-glass section would look, the side profile needs the rear slanted side-glass to look good, IMO. Also, the huge rear section? Carbon fiber to save a LOT of weight!