How do you Adjust the Headlights?

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant find my service manual. It seems to me my headlights are focused a tad too low on the road. Can anybody show/tell me how to adjust them up?

Thanks,

Flash

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I l know how to do it on a Gen 3, but as so many have stated the Gen 4 is so much different I really have no idea how it changed.

Now before anyone starts yelling at my wisecrack note I just responded on the Gen 4 vs Gen 3 post where Gen 4 owners state it should be called Gen 4 because it is a totally new car. :)

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Cant imagine it is any different than the Gen 3. There is a small hole (might be covered with a rubber plug) in the inner fender along side of the air filter housing that gives you access to a screw to vertically adjust the aim. Park your Viper inside and mark the beam pattern against the door/wall. Turn the screw in/out to adjust as needed.

Good luck.

RedSrt007

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to bring this back up from the dead, but my headlight also seem slightly too low and need to be adjusted up. Any Gen4 guys know were the adjustment screw is? (have not gone out to garage and looked yet, figure i would ask first)

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made a video showing how to. Do it..youll need a sevenl milimeter rachet

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here you go..hope it helps...Keep in mind that I got some of the clips out of order but it defiently shows how to adjust the housing area it's self as well as how to adjust were the lights are pointed to...if you just need to adjust the lights it is very simple..Their are two small caps that I show you towards the end of the video. remove them and insert a 7 mil rackets and simply turn the racket until desired height..I made mine both point very low because I have black outs on my headlights and wanted to always drive on high beam without blinding others.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV7SFxlcRuw[/media]

Last edited:

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes but then your fog lights wouldnt work if u r rolling with the high beams on.......probably better off putting lows back up a notch and keeping fogs on. not for light output but over-all looks of the car oncoming.....lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960