How do you guys handle the picture taking from others?

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me just say I honestly dont mind people taking pictures of the car, but I dont like the idea that I personally may be in the pictures. I doubt it only happens where im from in the Chicago area, but I just got my car up and running again after the damaged rim and tire situation, got her cleaned up and was cruising around. On two seperate occasions, people pacing me next to me, snapping photos. Obviously not the first time this has happened, do you guys roll down the window and say anything? I think its just a situation where nothing at all can be done, again I dont care about them snapping photos of the car, but theirs something weird about me being on some strangers picture, it kinda urks me. Just wanted some other opinions on this.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a car meet yesterday and a lot of people snapped a lot of pictures of my car. I loved every second of it. Now I have pictures of my car on like 5 sites I've already found. Nice surprise was my first car (01 ws6) was there as well looking great!!

Ricky

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
theirs something weird about me being on some strangers picture, it kinda urks me. Just wanted some other opinions on this.

Unless your really, really, really, really, really, really, good looking:)

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just smile...

If it bothered me, I'd be driving a Honda Element instead...

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont mind it, Now I know what a celebrity feels like, when I bought my viper I never expected people takeing pictures of the car with there picture phones. I do mind however when I am driving on the interstate and I am in the center lane of a 3 lane highway, and the persons in the left hand lane pace me drooling over the car, while there is a line of cars behind them.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I feel alittle "Broke-Back Mountain" when a dude is taking pictures when i'm stopped at a light or rolling down the road. I would feel alittle different if it were women but that has not happened yet......
But i can relate to the dudes taking pictures...lol

My wife thinks it draws to much attention but i told her its me not the car..... :)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel alittle "Broke-Back Mountain" when a dude is taking pictures when i'm stopped at a light or rolling down the road. I would feel alittle different if it were women but that has not happened yet......
But i can relate to the dudes taking pictures...lol
My wife thinks it draws to much attention but i told her its me not the car.....

My wife gets pissed because the guy are at the car and not her:)

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don;t mind pictures at all.............BUT ......and I mentioned this on a previous post. Lately I have been carrying my camera with me in the car, because I have been getting female drivers flashing there **ts at me.

Thats right ............Breasts !!! :headbang: :2tu:

So far 5 flashers and counting.

I will get one of them on camera and they should be worried about me posting their picture on the Internet....LOL. Stay tuned on "snake pit " forum.

Patrick

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just smile and sometimes wave. Its just part of Viper ownership. In a semi-related story to Viper-getting attention, I was dating this little hottie a few months ago with a BIG ego. We were riding around one weekend and she blurts out "you know its nice riding in a car where people are looking at the car instead of me". This was a day or 2 after she said the car inflated my ego lol

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I actually prefer me to be in the pictures of the car. I saw my RT/10 on car domain a year ago and some kid claiming that it is his.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just the reason I got tinted windows. I was tired of people getting mad when I would not acknowledge them. It was nothing personal but I did not always notice when people would wave, take pictures, or just to say something. Some took offense like I am snobby, so I decided tints were the best bet. Works wonders. Now they just think I can not see them. LOL!

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don;t mind pictures at all.............BUT ......and I mentioned this on a previous post. Lately I have been carrying my camera with me in the car, because I have been getting female drivers flashing there **ts at me.

I will get one of them on camera and they should be worried about me posting their picture on the Internet....LOL. Stay tuned on "snake pit " forum.

Patrick
Haven't had that happen yet,Patrick-but I hope it will! :D FIVE so far,huh?I should be that lucky!

OP
OP
N

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so I decided tints were the best bet.

Local Police, Chicago Police, and Illinois state troopers I think have to be the worst when it comes to Tints and No Front plate. Ive tried it with my previous car, I would get pulled over so much I couldnt even make it to where I wanted to go. Best option though, I agree.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I carry a pistol in all of my cars. If someone snaps a photo with me in the car, I drop a couple of rounds in their rear quarter panel and the photo shoot always ends quickly. This is considered acceptable in Texas.

OP
OP
N

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I carry a pistol in all of my cars. If someone snaps a photo with me in the car, I drop a couple of rounds in their rear quarter panel and the photo shoot always ends quickly. This is considered acceptable in Texas.

haha post of the week so far.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Owning a Viper gives you all the attention that a celebrity gets and more without the paparazzi spying on you when it's in the garage. The best of both worlds IMO.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

haha post of the week so far.

What haha? He's serious! Why do you think there are so many Vipers in TX? ;)

I don't mind the car getting it's pics taken, but I do get bothered by people taking pics of me in it... both in a brokeback sorta a way and also because I enjoy my privacy. What I REALLY can't stand is flash photography from the car next to me on the freeway in the middle of the night. It happened once, and it scared the **** outta me! :eek:

Also was in a bar once when some snot nosed kid struts in with a camera phone and tries to impress the waitress with pics of "his" Viper outside . The waitress laughed him out of the bar... everyone there knew it was mine. :rolleyes:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love it and if it is a hot woman taking a picture I offer to even take my shirt off for her.

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah a guy was snapping photos of me going down the highway the other day. kind of creepy i admit. i felt like he was a fed or something(old paranoia habbits die hard).

the thing that scared me the most was when he took both hands off his wheel while we were doing about 60mph and was looking at me thru the camera instead of the road. Only a two lane highway and he started weaving towards me. so i down shifted to second and got away from him quick.

wildasp, you truly are a rock star with 5 flashes so far. I bown down before you and your snake.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Myfirstviper,that wasn't me,that was Patrick,a/k/a wormdoggy-see his post above-I just wish I had had the same luck with that(the five flashes)as he's had! :D

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And by the way,Patrick,I am still awaiting confirmation(via photographic evidence) of said five ****** flashes! :D

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hrmmm... We'll have to see if I share in any of that action around here ;) I thought that was a U.S. thing. I'm happy to be wrong ;)

I've been video taped with a full size camcorder for about a minute. That is creepy.. Who carries around a camcorder in their car, for God's sake?

Santo