How fast have you driven your Gen IV?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would answer this but I had such a hassle with my insurance co. ref. a claim a few months back even though the claim was about a theft and did not even involve an accident at a track. Just the fact they pulled up and made copies of threads like this and my referencing previous track use. I even had to hire an attorney but finally got paid. Be careful what you say as big brother is watching.

OP
OP
gofastr

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would answer this but I had such a hassle with my insurance co. ref. a claim a few months back even though the claim was about a theft and did not even involve an accident at a track. Just the fact they pulled up and made copies of threads like this and my referencing previous track use. I even had to hire an attorney but finally got paid. Be careful what you say as big brother is watching.
Who's your insurance company? So they searched the Viper forums, figured out your real name, and then searched your posts to find out you were racing?:omg:

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow.... tell us more.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
140MPH is about the fastest I've driven the Gen IV but I had the Gen III at VOI 9 up to 180+ it gets hard to check your speed when the road is moving that fast.:D

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
This is not a new worry. There were discussions here some time back about the risks of posting in a public arena...realizing that insuance personnel, warranty folks, various "chasers" and/or "injuried parties", and even law enforcement people
can use this info to gain a potential advantage against the poster (or the "postee").

Remember the AutoWeek article 2-3 years ago concerning rumors of warranty claim denials by some manufacturers based on similar sources of info, including posted results of track events??!!!!
Anything posted can become a liability.

GTS1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If anyone, law enfocement, insurance companies, anyone............ tries to use these posts against you, they have to prove that it was you who made the post.

They have to prove that it was not your son, or daughter, sister, or brother trying to boost their own ego. They have to prove that the post was not made by the 50 or so people whom you allow to use your computer, ;) and whom you give your password to so that they can also view vipers that they love.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For insurance and law enforcement reasons, all I will say is that 165 may, or may not, be a rush and a half!
Also, I may or may not be signing up for the TEXAS MILE in Goliad later this year. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's kinda like the Bonneville speed week trials except that it happens on an old airport runway, an all out standing one mile acceleration run. Any guesses at what my stock '08 may or may not run?

OP
OP
gofastr

gofastr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not a new worry. There were discussions here some time back about the risks of posting in a public arena...realizing that insuance personnel, warranty folks, various "chasers" and/or "injuried parties", and even law enforcement people
can use this info to gain a potential advantage against the poster (or the "postee").

Remember the AutoWeek article 2-3 years ago concerning rumors of warranty claim denials by some manufacturers based on similar sources of info, including posted results of track events??!!!!
Anything posted can become a liability.
So I guess anybody with a warranty or car insurance shouldn't post in the racing, dyno, tuning, or modifications sections?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4th gear-----is 165 mph...still under breaking in the engine but will go to the autobahn soon...!
:D
:drive:

:D

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For insurance and law enforcement reasons, all I will say is that 165 may, or may not, be a rush and a half!
Also, I may or may not be signing up for the TEXAS MILE in Goliad later this year. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's kinda like the Bonneville speed week trials except that it happens on an old airport runway, an all out standing one mile acceleration run. Any guesses at what my stock '08 may or may not run?

A friend ran 178mph in his bone stock 08 Viper. He previously had a TT GTS that went 200+mph. The car falls on it's face in 5th gear from what I'm told :(

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's just ridiculous. The lack of logic is simply stunning. It's a good thing people don't need to believe in gravity for it to work, else they would just spin right off the face of the planet with that kind of brain power.

Nyoka

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I think it may not run 195/200, if the guy who steals it from under your nose has the cajones. Providing the 3:07s are still in, the car was built for 202 and I recall one test of an '08 rag top that mentioned "some increased wind noise" approaching 195. (Made me laugh.) Another "SUPERCAR SHOWDOWN" test had a coupe break 200 as a MacLaren SLR and several other exotics fell just short of their respective factory claims of 200.

For what it's worth, the guy who stole my '08 coupe, while being marched to the local jail in handcuffs, admitted to redlining fourth at 165 (took ~20 seconds from a dead stop) and said that, in fourth, the car pulled like it was in third right up to 6,250 and handled like a dream. He said fifth was really tempting on the empty, flat, 4-lane, 60 miles long Toll Road but he didn't want to attract undue attention. I'm glad the cops got him when they did.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
155 on the track at approximately 6000 rpm.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
175 mph in 98 gts and over 186 mph on my bike. I find the bike way more stable at speed than the car. Gets pretty floaty at those speeds in a Gen II.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
150ish in GenII on the track yesterday at Pocono. Many GenIV Vipers, especially ACR's, doing at least that much on the straights...the acceleration on the GenIV's is insane. At times it looked like some of the cars on the track were standing still as the ACR's passed them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten