How fast have you driven your Gen IV?

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So far I've been up to 55mph on local roads. The tack was at 1,000 rpm's.

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
150ish in GenII on the track yesterday at Pocono. Many GenIV Vipers, especially ACR's, doing at least that much on the straights...the acceleration on the GenIV's is insane. At times it looked like some of the cars on the track were standing still as the ACR's passed them.

I cant wait to get my car back on the road!!!! I sooo wanted to play on that track!! Hope everyone had fun Tony. Oh and I've had mine up to 155 with a Vette trying to catch up.... he didn't. :D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant wait to get my car back on the road!!!! I sooo wanted to play on that track!! Hope everyone had fun Tony. Oh and I've had mine up to 155 with a Vette trying to catch up.... he didn't. :D

It was a blast but it was awesome to see Ralph Gilles and ACR Steve and other ACR drivers having fun on that track. That was a treat in and of itself. Don't worry, we have an event coming up this fall at New Jersey Motor Sports park you'll love.

Konza800

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For insurance and law enforcement reasons, all I will say is that 165 may, or may not, be a rush and a half!
Also, I may or may not be signing up for the TEXAS MILE in Goliad later this year. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's kinda like the Bonneville speed week trials except that it happens on an old airport runway, an all out standing one mile acceleration run. Any guesses at what my stock '08 may or may not run?

Be sure to post what you don't run. I don't want to go to the Maxton Mile and I am curious what not to expect. :cool:

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For insurance and law enforcement reasons, all I will say is that 165 may, or may not, be a rush and a half!
Also, I may or may not be signing up for the TEXAS MILE in Goliad later this year. For those of you who don't know what that is, it's kinda like the Bonneville speed week trials except that it happens on an old airport runway, an all out standing one mile acceleration run. Any guesses at what my stock '08 may or may not run?

I don't think it will run around 175.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah 175, that's about what I may, or may not, expect it not to do. We'll see how clean of a launch I do or don't get.:rolaugh:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Dave,

Yep, 155 mph @ 6000 rpm in 4th - still pulling very hard. Here's the link to the video clip.

http://www.socalviper.com/images/Vid...20Speedway.wmv

Hoosier R-6's are a bit shorter rear tire than the OE tires which nets you a bit lower top speed in each gear.

Would like to have a useable 5th gear, i.e. lower ratio for running road courses that include part of the "Oval" race tracks.

Dan

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave,

Yep, 155 mph @ 6000 rpm in 4th - still pulling very hard. Here's the link to the video clip.

http://www.socalviper.com/images/Vid...20Speedway.wmv

Hoosier R-6's are a bit shorter rear tire than the OE tires which nets you a bit lower top speed in each gear.

Would like to have a useable 5th gear, i.e. lower ratio for running road courses that include part of the "Oval" race tracks.

Dan

Yup, 152 mph in an '08 ACR in 4th at the end of the front straight of Willow Springs :headbang:

jim 632

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I recently bought a 96 gts, roe supercharger, 10lbs boost, headers, 3in exhaust, 3.55 gears. what would be the top speed?. what was the rated top speed in a stock 96?. thanks Jim:dunno:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have managed to get in my car; start it and drive it within 15 seconds from the time I am at the side of the vehicle. Oh. Maybe you meant what is the highest speed you have achieved in your Viper? Without getting into any detail and of course it occurred at a lawful venue, do you remember the opening scene to Star Trek The Next Generation?

Fast1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
190...ish ....or did I???
Slowed early because of RACE traffic. I do not know what kind of falling on its face you are talking about. What car doesn't slow in acceleration when you are getting close to its estimated top speed?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery