How late into the season do you all drive???

Vipersrule

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No season in Dallas. I love driving in Dec and Jan - cool air, clear skies. I just have to avoid a few rainy or icy days - but they don't hang around long...

Year round enjoyment...

RT-10 top off in cool weather (the heater works GREAT) - is really nice. In fact, I prefer the cooler weather for top off driving than the 100+ degree summers.

It just gets too d$%^ hot with the sun beating down on your head when it's 100+...

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Located in NJ.

Just put it in storage a few days ago. I will start it and drive it once in a while (maybe once or twice a month) but nothing much. It is WAY to cold to drive it and the last thing you need to do is hit black ice. Even if there is no ice those rear tires must be VERY warm before you even try to accelerate normally. You must be VERY careful. I spun the car sideways at 10 MPH last week. Pretty amusing acutally but if someone does that not knowing what they are doing they can get hurt. Be careful out there!

OP
OP
T

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F355

I spun mine too on Tuesday just taking off from a stoplight at normal acceleration...the rears barely connect when its 23 degrees out!

sneaky pete is going to bed for a while :(

rae661

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could not image putting the car into storage for any period of time. I do not think I could go more the a few weeks, if that--maybe days, without a drive--even a quick one. It really does change the mind-set real quick and always for the better. Yea the snow s@cks and the salt get all over the car, but that's why God made self-serve car washes. Driving in the cold weather certainly is not as much fun--with the top on you can really notice the little squeaks and rattles---drive me Freakin' nuts---but always return from a drive with a big smile on my face.....

OP
OP
T

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rae661 - thats cool you drive it year round.

At some points its not a matter of taking care of the car cosmetically, its just that I dont feel safe in it at those temps. The tires dont connect, and the sand & salt make me nervous with that kinda torque.

Anyways, I noticed you're nearby, swing by Lyndhurst, I'd love to see a mid-winter snake! LOL

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put the Autoform top on my ols -93 in mid November. That will keep me driving thru the winter. I will drive anytime there is a possibility to go out for a cruise!
Tim, Give me a call and I'll drive to NJ in January. My only consern is the salt and wetness after the salt. If it's dry and reasonably clean, I'll go out even if it is 15F.
Hell, lots of people has seen me driving in 35-40 degree weather with red woolhat on and without the roof for hundreds of miles.... Right Kers and Ed?? Hah, Haa!!
Frozen brains wount keep me off the road.
Lauri

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Year Round.

Of course, salt and road grime are the least of my baby's worries.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4