How many are going to wait for the srt viper acr

als 08 viper acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that we have a thread regarding members waiting for a Convertible, I would like to know how many are going to wait for the ACR Version. I currently have an 2008 ACR & there is a 95% chance that I will be waiting. I like what they done to improve the overall quality of the Viper, especially on the Interior, but I like the more Agressive appearance of the 2008-2010 ACR, particularly from the front view.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will only get the ACR version when available. Just hope they do better at ALMS for bragging rights or I will stick with my current ACR.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
If it looks like the GTSR, and can perform better then the present ACR...I'm all in. Otherwise I'll just have to suffer along with my Gen 4 :)

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it looks like the GTSR, and can perform better then the present ACR...I'm all in. Otherwise I'll just have to suffer along with my Gen 4 :)

Precisely. I don't know a single guy here in NY that is planning on getting a Gen 5 the first year but several who are waiting on the ACR including me.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i bet they only make a couple hundered new ones anyway at first

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Gen V gets within my reach, which hopefully it will be, I'll be waiting to see the ACR version before I make any decisions. In fact, I've been contemplating buying a Gen IV ACR to have until a Gen V ACR is available. ACR has the aggressive appearance that the Gen V just doesn't quite have.

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys need to buy a regular Gen V and then you can sell it and buy an ACR when it comes out.
You then can give us feedback on how the car is :)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that bringing out these variants one at a time is great at keeping the interest fresh, and allows SRT to introduce additional technology with each release.

They needed to bring out the Coupe to honor the "R" in SRT. Think we will see lots of these new cars on the track, as well as the GTS-R.

Next should come the Vert. From the photoshops it looks drop dead gorgeous. These will only see occasional track use, but with some proper roll over protection, could represent very well for club racing.

Last, will probably be the ACR and maybe ACR-X versions. Will be the highest performance models available to the public.

If the Gen V turns out to be faster than the previous generation ACR, it will be a pretty difficult decision for many ACR owners to make.

wirepaladin08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will wait for the ACR to come out. I'm quite happy with my 2009 ACR and may end up just keeping it if they are too proud of the new ACRs.

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll wait until I can get a used GEN V ACR for less than $80K.

Unfortunately, it may be a while. But who knows, SRT may churn out 700 ACRs a year, bringing the resale value down.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
29% of special editions were ACR's.
12% of standard production were ACR's.
Approx 207 total, but may be off a few.

So 207 ACRs between 2008, 2009, and 2010? That is less than I thought. So a run of 1800 Gen Vs a year would be less than 10% ACRs if they did them.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So 207 ACRs between 2008, 2009, and 2010? That is less than I thought. So a run of 1800 Gen Vs a year would be less than 10% ACRs if they did them.

Noooo sorry thought you meant 2010's.....
There were about 600 ACR's roughly in total for Gen 4......the most were 2009 with something like 240?
Don't have the exact numbers at hand.

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My part, based on your feedback, will be to either wait for a 2014 model at MSRP or a slight discount or buy a slightly used 2013 :)

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Noooo sorry thought you meant 2010's.....
There were about 600 ACR's roughly in total for Gen 4......the most were 2009 with something like 240?
Don't have the exact numbers at hand.

Ah, so like 25-30% or so should be a marketable number. Hey, maybe we'll get lucky and SRT can surprise everyone like they did with the GTS-R only this time with Vert and ACR available. I doubt it though. It seems like Ralph was only able to garner so much budget for this. Almost like Fiat said you can do this, but this is all you get. The fact that SRT didn't want to go cheap is probably why there was no room for a Vert or a ACR version yet. However, there is probably at least 50-60 members on this forum alone (and I consider that a conservative number) that can buy a Gen V, but won't until a Vert or a ACR is available.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
If the Gen V turns out to be faster than the previous generation ACR, it will be a pretty difficult decision for many ACR owners to make.

The 2010 ACR is 7 seconds faster around the N-ring then a car that has better gearing(like the Gen V), has 638 HP (2 less then the Gen V), and is over 100 lbs lighter (like the Gen V), plus was running the same tires ( Cups). I wouldn't count on the Gen V coupe being faster around a road course.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 2010 ACR is 7 seconds faster around the N-ring then a car that has better gearing(like the Gen V), has 638 HP (2 less then the Gen V), and is over 100 lbs lighter (like the Gen V), plus was running the same tires ( Cups). I wouldn't count on the Gen V coupe being faster around a road course.

Except one thing, I truly believe the ZR1 is over rated. Same rwhp as a Gen IV. Sorry if it disappoints anyone, but when Chevy claims 638HP, it is false advertisement.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Except one thing, I truly believe the ZR1 is over rated. Same rwhp as a Gen IV. Sorry if it disappoints anyone, but when Chevy claims 638HP, it is false advertisement.

Over rated or not, it posted a great time. I think the Gen V coupe will do a bit better then the ZR1, but not be faster then a Gen IV ACR around the track, which was my point.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over rated or not, it posted a great time. I think the Gen V coupe will do a bit better then the ZR1, but not be faster then a Gen IV ACR around the track, which was my point.

I agree. I would guess 7:17. I think the "naked" aero, if you will, on the Gen V will perform strong.

Andi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the Gen5 ACR. And if any of you want to sell me a babied Gen4 ACR while I wait, PM me.... (Seriously.. WTB).

Cheers,
Andi

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked the man himself (Dominik F) about it on Facebook and he said in his opinion the Gen 5 would not beat the Gen 4 ACR at the 'Ring
mainly because it doesn't have nearly the downforce and doesn't have the Sports Cups. 40 more HP is negligible.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt anyone would take a car to the ring til there's an ACR. if the genV ACR isn't designed to outperform the Gen4 ACR, then what's the point. So I'll have it will until it doesn't.

If I did a coupe, I'd do an ACR, just a matter of which I'll wit for, an ACR or a vert.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a recent interview which I've lost, Ralph was asked if there will be an ACR. His answer was, "Am I bald?" He is bald and there will be an ACR. There will also be a convertable, already announced by Ralph. The only question is when and how will they be optioned.

IMHO, in addition to learning how to make money on small prodcution runs, SRT apparently learned how to make money on letting folks option to the point of being able to order one of one out of two thousand. To me that means there will be further "specialty" models that are profitable and reasonably priced. As to the ACR - more power, better down force for tracking and perhaps a bit less weight is EASY to do. The SRT engine folks have already said, there's more to be had. How much more, even they don't know. But definately more. The race cars and the aero work for them will handle the down force design. How closely the ACR body resembles the GTS-R, is an open question. Will the track be wider? How about that great air inlet in the hatch window on the SRT-R? Lots of good and exciting questions.:2tu:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang