How many people here have RC Vipers at home?

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
in BMW slang,
BMW cars are Bimmer
BMW cycles are beemer/beamer

Bob D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to have a HARM 1/5 scale Viper. They are made in Germany and very well made with lots of machined aluminum and carbon fiber. The engine was a Solo gasoline with the displacement of a weedwacker. I sold it because there was no good place to run it. A car like that really needs a prepared track to run because you can't hookup the tires. I think the top speed with the gears I had was about 60mph.I have pictures, but don't know how to post them.

Bob

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet! I like this thread. :p

I don't have a Viper body, but I'll post a couple of my other pictures. :)

I race, so I don't use the Viper body. As silly as it may be, it isn't as balanced as the stratus bodies.

repete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to have a HPI Super Nitro Viper...but got rid of it due to crappy roads in louisiana..now im all offroad..1/8th buggies rock

Kurt

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I bought the electric Nikko Viper GTS/R and fitted it with the HPI body (Mine is painted a light metallic blue with silver stripes) and wheels similar to the ones on the GTS/R. Now I kind of regret not buying the entire car straight from HPI, because it performs better and probably costs about the same that I paid for everything for the electric car.

Kurt

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HPI now has a narrow (190mm) Viper CC for the electric guys too...

You must be registered for see images
:p

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, That is off of the HPI website ( hpiracing.com ).

I don't have a Viper body, unfortunately. For racing ( at least at the competitive level ) the Viper bodies aren't as balanced, so I would only buy one for a show body.

The TAZ I posed a couple posts up is mine though. :) It can be seen in the Jan issue of RCDriver magazine ( www.rcdriver.com ).

TSR6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, There is a fairly noticable difference between bodies. The two most popular bodies in the electric carpet classes are the Alfa Romeo, and the Dodge Stratus 2.0 ( based off the 2002 Dodge Stratus ).

The Alfa Romeo has lots of initial steering, but in my opinion, is like a pig off the corner.

The Dodge Stratus 2.0 has a good balance between front and rear downforce, so it still enters the corner well, but still transitions well too, rotating through the corner.

The old Stratus body ( The body style that was used in touring racing years back ) is probably the most balanced body of them all, but most racers have been using the Stratus 2.0 for a little more steering, but its still well balanced.