How much horsepower can I expect?

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer your questions - you will have a tough time getting 550 at the wheels with the mods you are describing - you will be close. I would guess 515 to 525. Selecting 11:1 compression will help a bit. There are a few more tricks that can add power to help you get to 550.

You will have no problem with the stock crank. Good Luck!

Regards,

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the intake runners. Too small and even with extrude honing you would only gain a small amount over stock. Do a search. Most are finding that it would be more economical to get the Roe S/C. For the money you can't get a better deal. Typical results on the Roe unit have been 600-615 RWHP. Just curious as to the "good deal" on the car? $?

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Expect 510-530 for good N/A drivability with the stock computer. We have several 500 ++ RWHP Vipers driving around that compliment that power with another 200++ RWHP of nitrous..still without a hint of drivability issues.

Check us out and give us a call for a list of customers who would love to speak with you.

Good luck with your Viper search,

Tom

OP
OP
M

Martin D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is holding you back is the "relatively mild" term. In order to extract every bit of power from the car you need the right combination of mods - and to see over 550 at the wheels, you need to go closer to wild than mild. Just heads and cam won't do it. As our friend from Alabama mentioned, the restriction is in the intake. IF you extrude it, you will pick up 5-10 additional RWHP but if you cut it open and work it, you can get even more.

So anyway, it really depends on how far you want to go. FYI, there have been a few heads and cam cars running on 93 octane that have made right at 600RWHP. So it can be done. You just have to search around and learn all the tricks, then decide if it is worth the time, money, and risk to get the maximum potential.

Regards,

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stock crank will hold at least 850 rwhp.

I am just about to dyno my heads/cam car - far from mild - I hope to be in the 590-600 rwhp range on motor (800+ on N2O). In addition to the heads/cam you will need roller rockers, intake work, 1 3/4" headers, no cats, full exhaust,tuning to name a few.

Tom is correct in what you can expect from a standard h/c package.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's good to hear the crank is that strong. Sorry, I forgot to mention in my first post that is would be heads/cam with full bolt-on. I was planning on roller rockers too. I'm thinking about a solid cam, because I really don't mind adusting the lash, but I've read some posts about poor oiling so maybe not. Anthony, what will you rev your car to?

I should rev to 5,800-5,900 rpm.

I know of one solid roller car - in Florida - but I have not seen any dyno or MPH results to know what kind of power it is putting out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21