How much HP will you gain with a set of B&B headers with a paxton setup

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you think that the price for the headers is worth it? I've read that you get minimal to no gains with out a turbo or supercharge system, if you install a set of headers . I'm thinking of adding Paxton NOVI 2000 setup . Also goint to have the B&B header back exhaust system installed . So do you think the headers will help in the HP department or just for a deeper sound ? Also wondering if you think it would be to loud to just remove the cats all together , adding the o2 sensors of course . Any info will be great , thanks

Viper23

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Headers, like everything else helps, but to see its full potential, you need to have a full exhaust with 3 inches going all the way back. I have Belangers and no cats and it is loud. It will be louder with a S/C. Headers are a must on a S/C car because it helps the car breath better and without it, you can create too much boost with the backup.

I also had the pickles removed in my Belangers, don;t know if that helped.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
On the Gen IIs we have seen very appreciable gains with Belangers, high flow cats, and a Corsa Catback exhaust. The reports of low gains are on the Gen IIIs , as the stock header breathes too well. I would not remove the pickles on the Belangers , though, and if you do remove the cats, many folks are not fond of the exhaust/fuel fumes.

Best of luck.

OP
OP
V

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool well I will definetly have to get a set of headers then, not sure about what im gonna do with the cats maybe hi flow . Thanks guys for the info I appreciate it .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4