How much is this Viper worth?

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't know they made the Cobra in 2003. OH, You mean Mustang Cobra.

this is a Cobra:
You must be registered for see images

And while we're at it..... this is a GT:
You must be registered for see images

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mustangs are Mustangs

LOL :lmao: One of the reasons why I want to upgrade to a Viper!

Nader I will let you know. Until the MUSTANG Cobra is sold, nothing will happen yet.

Here is what a Mustang Cobra looks like :2tu:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited by a moderator:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad you took my comments ok. It sounded like I was coming off as a dick when I re-read it, which really I didn't mean to be.

sly

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad you took my comments ok. It sounded like I was coming off as a dick when I re-read it, which really I didn't mean to be.

sly

Lol dont worry about it :lmao:. Please post up a few pictures of your copperhead!

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the same thing as sly snake about the "cobra" reference. Glad it was cleared up with the photo. I'm sure in the Mustang world everyone knows right away what the reference means. If its clean and priced right it will sell! You are going to have a much easier time to sell than someone with a 74 Pinto, I mean Mustang, "Cobra"!:)

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the guy take some videos of the car. It looks great, but the underneath the front bumper is scraped pretty bad! Should I let this effect the sale? Also, can anybody see if those are the original tires? Thanks!!!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUoaYzJ2cjo[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlJvqOHQfp0[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEm4HWRR_tU[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHClfTXoDp8[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKN8NBeqNRU[/media]

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the guy take some videos of the car. It looks great, but the underneath the front bumper is scraped pretty bad! Should I let this effect the sale? Also, can anybody see if those are the original tires? Thanks!!!

Those are some pretty rough scraps :omg: I don't think I would let it effect the sale if the rest of the car is right, but I would certainly expect a discount.

NDSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks in real nice condition except for the scrapes under the front bumper. What number is this one? About a year ago I was in the market for a copperhead, and looked at several of them. The one I finally purchased was in similar condition but it also had the scrapes under the bumper. I'm still very happy I purchased the one I did, but I found all of them in very good condition. If it has some mods on it that you would probably buy anyway it is even more of a win- win situation. Good luck in your search.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick those scrapes are awful.
Deduct new front nose and paintjob from price.
Seriously, you have to be deaf, dumb and blind to scrape a front end that bad repeatedly.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What differance does it make if the tires are original or not?

If the tires are original, then they are run-flats. And as such, the buyer should allow enough money to replace them if he wants to safely do any aggressive driving.

It's funny, after reading the posts about the scrapes on the front bumper, I was gonna post some remark about if you ever attempt to drive a viper blah blah blah......... then I see the video.:omg: He musta tried to repeatedly drive up a wall! Even my well used example doesn't look like that.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick looks like you need a new set of tires and a repaint of the front fascia. Only you know how deep those scrapes are, you may need a whole new piece. Scrapes are normal under a chin but those look like deep gouges.

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might pass up on this one. Not a fan of having a car repainted. Dont ask me why! As for the tires, could anybody get a look?

Out of curiosity, how much would that type of job cost?

Thanks everybody!

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also... for those who have scrapes on the front bumper, can somebody post up some pictures of what their bumper looks like so I can show the sales guy something to compare too. Thanks!!!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick a few scrapes are common. Even I had some but I am pretty low. If you find one without them, I would be surprised. However those arent simple scrapes. That looks like complete disregard when pulling into a parking spot with one of cement stoppers. Also I am guessing that Copperhead color is not so simple to spray. Not a fan of a "Custom Exhaust". My guess is it is missing cats.

I have to admit the car is in good shape and the paint is great, but I would keep looking for an original, low mileage, babied car with no question of history. they are out there. You just need to find them.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might pass up on this one. Not a fan of having a car repainted. Dont ask me why! As for the tires, could anybody get a look?

Out of curiosity, how much would that type of job cost?

Thanks everybody!

Nadar just had his front repainted I think, north of a grand I believe.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I realize these aren't "scrapes" closer to gouges/abuse, but I would think scrapes are inevitable? Does a facia repaint de-value the car? I would think as long as documented before/after a facia re-paint will happen to all of us...... eventually :dunno:

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think that if a future sale were in the plans, I would skip the bumper respray and just deduct the cost from the asking price.
That way you don't have to explain why you did it. Besides, as soon as you resprayed it, you'd find a friends driveway steeper than you thought.:smirk:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pete is a little high but close enough. Remember they also have to fix all the scratches. If you want it perfect, you will pay for perfection.

Car is done just waiting for the weather to clear up. Damn weather. I had a small window of opportunity to pick it up Xmas eve and couldnt make it up to Chucks.

Nick take a look at this one... Cant go wrong with a Florida car. Cant go wrong with a Mamba.

2004 SRT-10 Black Mamba - ViperClub Classifieds

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who would plow into parking barriers repeatedly (and this guy did it multiple times) would have me questioning his judgement on every aspect of car maintenance.

Every viper owner I know would be mortified to do this ONCE and it would never happen again and it would have been fixed. I am so leery of parking barriers I always back in and end up 2 feet away.

Pass.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who would plow into parking barriers repeatedly (and this guy did it multiple times) would have me questioning his judgement on every aspect of car maintenance.

Every viper owner I know would be mortified to do this ONCE and it would never happen again and it would have been fixed. I am so leery of parking barriers I always back in and end up 2 feet away.

Pass.

Maybe the guy let his wife drive the car?? LOL.

One thing I have heard about the copperhead cars is that paint is scarce, I heard form one guy that had his insurance co pay him $$ because his body shop could not source the correct paint and therefore couldn't effectively do a proper paint job on his copper head so he got a depreciation value pay out from his insurance co.

I am not sure how true this is, but it is what I was told.

OP
OP
S

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nader both of those look sweet! I sent the owner with 3600 miles a message. That was listed a while ago, not sure if it will still be available. Still waiting for the Mustang Cobra to be sold... Anybody interested??

As for the Copperhead, the owner used to own Sellingsource.com, so he has $$$. Maybe he didn't mind scraping the front as he has over 15 hot rods? Hmmm...

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Repainting the front facia is not a big deal. I have a 03 and mine was painted, it was nothing like that though. Someone didnt know how to drive. Those look more like some deep gouges that need somw work. Just personally its nice to see video before buying. That would really piss me off if i traveled a long way to see that. Nice car other then the facia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery