How much should a new 04 go for?

StratusR/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,
I am a current 04 C5 vert owner and I am looking to make the switch to the viper. I have found a dealer that has about 4-5 left over 04s as well as some 05s. How much should I be willing to deal with the dealer on the 04's? How low would you go and what can I expect? Thanks for your time!

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you get a used one with a few thousand miles on it, you could save alot more. Just something to think about.

edretti

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anywhere between 65-70k MAX! I've shopped quite a bit and found many in that price range. If they don't sell the 04's soon they don't get 06 allocations for what I understand. Either way I found many for that price. I didn't buy any of them because for just 6k more I bought Big Carrots 03 SRT Supercharged and was jacked up with mods which to me was a steal. Best of luck! Just make sure to shop ebay, cars.com and autotrader.com.

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either way, for someone who will want to end up doing mods anyways, would want to stay away from 05, or 06 models. The fact that they went with the cheaper and less durable rods made me shy away from such a decision. I like the fact that the 04's retained the stronger connecting rods...makes me a lot less nervous when I add the blower to the car.
just mho

OP
OP
S

StratusR/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, went to the dealer today, he was open on Sunday. Had like 4 or 5 2004's left, and some 2005s as well. So I engage in conversation with the salesman, who takes down all my info about me and my trade in, a 2004 C5 Vert. My car is taken away to be inspected and we check out the Vipers. I was able to test drive and really liked the car, a little more cramped then the vette, but whatever, the driving experience is awesome. Go back and take to the salemanager now. He instantly tells me he will sell at invoice which was like 76500 or something close to that. I asked if he could do better and then he said he would give up half his holdback which brought the car to an even 75K. This is for an 04. Next he about slapped me in my face and offered 31K for my car. I know I am losing money on it, but damn. And the furthest he would budge was not on the price of the car, but he offered me 32500 for mine. At which point I told him that when he was ready, he knew where to reach me. So was I offered a good deal? I think the price was still TOO high for the car and he offered me TOO little for mine. Whats my next move? Anyone out there willing to give me more for my car and offer the viper at a cheaper price?

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, went to the dealer today, he was open on Sunday. Had like 4 or 5 2004's left, and some 2005s as well. So I engage in conversation with the salesman, who takes down all my info about me and my trade in, a 2004 C5 Vert. My car is taken away to be inspected and we check out the Vipers. I was able to test drive and really liked the car, a little more cramped then the vette, but whatever, the driving experience is awesome. Go back and take to the salemanager now. He instantly tells me he will sell at invoice which was like 76500 or something close to that. I asked if he could do better and then he said he would give up half his holdback which brought the car to an even 75K. This is for an 04. Next he about slapped me in my face and offered 31K for my car. I know I am losing money on it, but damn. And the furthest he would budge was not on the price of the car, but he offered me 32500 for mine. At which point I told him that when he was ready, he knew where to reach me. So was I offered a good deal? I think the price was still TOO high for the car and he offered me TOO little for mine. Whats my next move? Anyone out there willing to give me more for my car and offer the viper at a cheaper price?

you will find it next to impossible to go to a dealer and get retail for your
trade and buy their car at wholesale. THEY WILL NOT DO THAT because if they did
they would not be in business very long. ( no i am not a dealer )

if you choose to buy a new viper at the dealer work your best price with no
trade, plus pay for it in cash or have funding pryor to going. if you need to
finance it they will get you there ( ITS WHAT THEY DO )

*** IMPORTANT BE READY TO BUY THE CAR RIGHT THERE AND THEN, THAT MY FRIEND IS
HOW YOU WILL GET YOUR VERY BEST PRICE - MAKE SURE CAR IS THERE AND READY TO TAG
AND GO ***

IF YOU NEED TO SELL YOUR VETTE TO BUY THE VIPER, SELL IT FIRST AND GET THE CASH,
THEN GO OUT AND PURCHASE THE VIPER.

AUTOTRADER HAS WORKED WELL FOR ME WHEN SELLING, GOODLUCK AND HOPE YOU GET YOUR
VIPER ASAP.

ON A LAST NOTE - CALL BILL PEMBERTON AT WOODHOUSE, HE WILL SAVE YOU LOTS OF TIME
AND ALL THE BS YOU ARE RUNNING INTO. JUST BE READY TO BUY IT WHEN YOU CALL HIM.

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

tom :D - purchase my third viper 04 silver srt/10 from bill, much better then
my first 2 purchase's which DID NOT come from bill at woodhouse.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

"You can get an 05 for that, why would you go for an 04?"

05 for $75k ? Why not tell him where is that new 05 for 75k...

Eagle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a new 04 in April for 68 and change. Somewhere in that neighborhood seems reasonable.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my garage..........are you looking for a silver one? if so, I think there is one left.

Thought so.......

Reaction score
Quote:

Quote:

In my garage..........are you looking for a silver one? if so, I think there is one left.

Thought so.......

Thought so WHAT?

viking

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ad in Autotrader for a large dealer locally for a '04 with 1900 miles for 68.5. Numerous vipers down here with miles less than 2000 which is less mileage than you see for ferraris.