How NOT to leave a car show

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Well that proves what I've heard, right there.
Dem Vipers are dangerous!

Signed, Obtuse Myopic Nanny
Legislator at Large
Imposer of rules
Dictator of restrictions
Levier of taxes
Insurance industry shill

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to quote myself from another thread:

don't do the crime if you can't do the time

You must be registered for see images attach

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is NOT a car to show off in. There are countless threads on this site that clearly show why this is so. This is but one more. Why don't people get this? Do they just want to be one more statistic? It makes me crazy every time I read another thread like this.

+1 Unfortunately, this still happens all too often, sometimes with fatal results (as with several examples this last year alone). There's been advice given on that very topic, on these forums and on other sites, many times, and still, some people appear not to learn.

What makes this one particularly bad, is that driver's choice of a time and place to do what he did, with pedestrians on the side of the road, etc. This could have ended in another tragedy; and it's only by luck and the grace of God it didn't.

Some people have pointed out that a lot of us have either spun, or had near misses. In a closed environment (track, autocross course), sure we have, and we know how easy it is to do; which is why, on public roads, we have to pick our spots very carefully before doing anything which might unsettle the car; there's enough stuff we can't control, from other drivers to oil or standing water, in that environment as it is.

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...Some people have pointed out that a lot of us have either spun, or had near misses. In a closed environment (track, autocross course)...QUOTE]

Exactly. I have spun both of my cars....on a road course when I was pushing for better times. Each time I learned from the error I made and learned more about the performance envelope of the car. I don't find the thrill on a public road compared to what you can experience carving corners on the track. I haven't spun on the road because I have been fortunate enough to not encounter an event outside of the performance envelope of the car and driver. I know many owners that are good drivers have encountered incidents they had no control over (an idiot driving another car, deer in the road, mechanical failure). If it is within your ability to control the car you should. Unfortunately the problem with vipers being wrecked all too often originates between the seat and the wheel in a situation much like this one.

I hope their are no long term consequences from this particular incident regarding future Houston Cars & Coffee activities and if a newer owner has learned from this thread it has served a purpose.

Keep your heads screwed on straight out there boys and girls. There are too many idiots on the road for you to become one of them while driving your rare snake!

OP
OP
shooter_t1

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
...Some people have pointed out that a lot of us have either spun, or had near misses. In a closed environment (track, autocross course)...QUOTE]

Exactly. I have spun both of my cars....on a road course when I was pushing for better times.!

And you looked cool doing it:D I still have to give you props for that one Mike. You had a certain Gen 4 ACR running scared with your 97:2tu::headbang:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is another photo. Yes, this is a 1-way street.

You must be registered for see images attach

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry for venting, but this thread is starting to sound like a political campaign or maybe an ad for Alcohol. Ya bro you can get laid all night long if you drink Captain Morgan! .................Please drink resonsibly..................

Last edited:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry for venting, but this thread is starting to sound like a political campaign or maybe an ad for Alcohol. Ya bro you can get laid all night long if you drink Captain Morgan! .................Please drink resonsibly..................
Yep, I agree, I think the points been made, lets move on ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang