How to disconnect battery

JasonSSG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok I know this is a noobie question but can I disconnect the battery under the hood at the fuse box or do I have to access the battery in the trunk. Im installing new dashlights from viperspecialty on my GEN 4 and the first thing it says to do is disconnect the battery

agdetail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
battery is in the trunk. look under your carpets and there should be some screws to remove. why risk anything when its so simple to discount the battery in the trunk

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As bad of an idea as it probably was, I did not disconnect the battery when replacing my dash lights. While I don't necessarily recommend that approach, I also didn't have any issues to speak of.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As bad of an idea as it probably was, I did not disconnect the battery when replacing my dash lights. While I don't necessarily recommend that approach, I also didn't have any issues to speak of.

Of course, that's more or less a 'rule of thumb' as any manual for any car will tell you to disconnect the battery before servicing an electrical part - whether you absolutely need to or not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi