HOW TO DRAG RACE YOUR VIPER....VIDEO

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Again,

Over the last year I have been asked many questions regarding drag racing the viper. Topics such as tire pressure, launch technique, shift points, atmospheric conditions, are but a few that come to mind.

I have decided to put together a video that will address all of the above concrens, and more and one that will take the viewer through all of the steps that are essential to getting the most from their viper at the dragstrip.

The video includes such items as setting tire pressure correctly, dealing with the suspension of the car(which is not designed for drag racing), the drag strip environment, how to do a correct burnout with both radial and slick tires, proper staging technique, getting through the gears, correct shift points, studying and learning from the time slip, weather conditions and your cars performance.

The tape is in vhs format, and will have footage from inside the car during complete 1/4 mile runs(with narriation), along with several drag strip runs of various vipers for your viewing pleasure.

The reason for this post is to find out if there is any interest in a video like this, as quantity dictates price. I'd like to be able to offer them at $ 19.95.

I welcome your thoughts.

tom
Http://btrviper.com

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom,

Why not include shots from around different shops and interview the tuners. Also include the saftey aspect like what is needed to race, (rollbars-belts)

Show what other owners are doing to thier Vipers to make them go.

Just my .02

Mark

Count me in.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom , what a great idea...

Would you mind if I drove up and modeled in speedo's for the clip? YOu know with every video, you need a swimsuit model. I can bring the baby oil and camera. Please call me if you're interested.

Gerald

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in too. Hope you have it ready before this spring's runs!

The next one in the series could be performance mods. From smooth tubes to Turbo chargers and everything in between. Dyno's before and after each mod. Maybe the people that make the parts could donate one set to be temporarily installed tested and removed.

The third in the series could be "beautifying". Video of various add-ons from MGW shift knobs to different wings, etc.

Like your not busy enough!

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would buy one especially because I am a new viper owner and I would like to figure out how to switch gears correctly and get out of first without spinning my tires.
You must be registered for see images

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery