how to get 1996 gts window sticker copy and pace car stickers

genelumpkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HI, The guy I bought my gts from wanted to hold onto his window sticker since he bought the car new. He said i could get a copy thru the club website. If this is true how cause I haven't seen it. Also are the pace car sticker sets still avail.? I just want one to keep not stick on car. Thanks Gene

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gene,
Why didn't the person make a copy for himself? I would have insisted that the window sticker go with the car or no deal.
Call him, tell him that you need it for documentation purposes. Pace car stickers are hard to come by, they do appear on ebay from time to time. i have a set of stickers somewhere but i'm holding them for a kings ransom.

Rocket65C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I've heard, there were 50-100 1996 GTS used at Indy to chauffer around VIPs, and only 3-4 that actually drove on the track and acted as a Pace car to the field. Those 3-4 are in museums. Those with track time had a sunroof-check a thread from here recently. Some people advertise any 1996 GTS as a "Pace" car, and use whatever serial number it corresponded to(my 1996 GTS was advertised as Pace car #117, although the serial # is 121) I am pretty certain my car was never at Indy. The decals were temporarily available to new owners for free, and then DC ran out. The last set I saw went for $400. Many Viper owners and fans squirreled away one or more sets of decals (you know who you are!). I have talked to companies that will reproduce the decals, but I have been unable to acquire a set to copy. I have found it difficult to find a likeness of the emblem on each front quarter panel-I have the others from a variety of prints, models, and photos. I think it would be great to have good quality reproductions available, but some people don't want anything available but the originals.
I have no need for a $400 decal, but I would consider buying a set just so I could make some copies, and then sell the original set. If anyone has an original set they would be willing to loan, I will do the legwork to get reproduction sets made and make available to VCA members at cost-just pm me.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking along the same lines as i've got the equipment right by the side of me that will do the job

OP
OP
G

genelumpkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HI, Good info. That tool said they pace stickers were easy to get. He never mentioned the window sticker when selling only when I asked after paying for car and I could not get him to part with it. The repo. stickers are a good idea. I know I was building a mongoose bmx bike for my son like I had back in the day and got a nos decal set for 150.00 I thought I'll get these copied and make a mint. No shop would do it without release from mongoose corp. though.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I've heard, there were 50-100 1996 GTS used at Indy to chauffer around VIPs, and only 3-4 that actually drove on the track and acted as a Pace car to the field. Those 3-4 are in museums. Those with track time had a sunroof-check a thread from here recently. Some people advertise any 1996 GTS as a "Pace" car, and use whatever serial number it corresponded to(my 1996 GTS was advertised as Pace car #117, although the serial # is 121) I am pretty certain my car was never at Indy. The decals were temporarily available to new owners for free, and then DC ran out. The last set I saw went for $400. Many Viper owners and fans squirreled away one or more sets of decals (you know who you are!). I have talked to companies that will reproduce the decals, but I have been unable to acquire a set to copy. I have found it difficult to find a likeness of the emblem on each front quarter panel-I have the others from a variety of prints, models, and photos. I think it would be great to have good quality reproductions available, but some people don't want anything available but the originals.
I have no need for a $400 decal, but I would consider buying a set just so I could make some copies, and then sell the original set. If anyone has an original set they would be willing to loan, I will do the legwork to get reproduction sets made and make available to VCA members at cost-just pm me.

the only problem with copying them is they come with paper adhered to both sides to apply them and if you take it off the front, wouldn"t you ruine them.
I had three sets but sold two and decided to keep one for me. They are like gold now, I saw them on ebay for $600.00 one time.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the front paper can be carefully removed, then replaced afterwards. It wouldnt damage the decals

venomblue550

Viper Owner
Reaction score
if someone can supply us a set of them, we can prob make copy for everyone...thanks

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be interested in buying a copy if it was reasonable. No intereest in applying them to the car, but for some reason want a set in the collection.....

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve has very kindly put things in motion, and is posting his set to work from on Monday :2tu:

cheers Steve
Neil

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Gene, email me your phone number. For some reason I have your wife's number in my phone...maybe you two share the same numbers?

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll this is how things are progressing Steve kindly sent over the OE pace car decals last week, which is shows what a real cool guy he is, sending them over the pond to a person he's never even met :2tu: (they are now winging their way back home)

I spent all weekend and the last few nights scanning and editing the files into a useable format :crazy: then started producing.. :laugh: I've sized and color matched the decals identically to the OE's
190pd2-med.jpg

I've decided to work on producing just 25 full sets at the moment, and have so far completed the door decals, rear plate recess logo and the US flags, using only 3M and Avery cast high grade 10 year vinyl

A few pics before the release tape go's on
190pd1-med.jpg

190pd-med.jpg

The door decals are bright orange with a dark pink drop shadow, i'll take some better pics in the daytime. I realise this color scheme may not be what everybody wants, but I can produce these in just about any color.

Next on the list are the Indy badges, which I hope to have completed sometime next week, if your interested just PM me and i'll keep you informed of the progress....

have added a bit on info online

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't determined a final price, as yet I've still plenty of work left to produce the indy decals, just watch this space...

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
190indy2.jpg

190indy3.jpg

190indy1-med.jpg

190indy-med.jpg

just finished the remaining decals, they have UV and chemical guard so there will be no color loss from sunlight and car washing. Once again its dark here but i'll take some better pics in the daylight over the weekend, the colors on the decals are very vivid and bright

Rocket65C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I bit-sent US funds your way via PayPal. If anyone is unsure about sending money, I'll post again when I receive the decals (no offense, Neil, it's just there are so many scams on the World Wide Web).

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problem Clint I totally understand, I've sent quite a lot of graphics over to people on this forum already (maybe someone will chirp in) I'll send you a shipping number ASAP and thanks for the order :2tu:

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Applied a set on the GTS this morning in time for our first club meet of the year (on sunday) its overcast outside again... wanted chrome rather than the OE colours, the pic shows lots of reflections though

190pc.jpg

190pc2-med.jpg

190pc1-med.jpg

190pc3-med.jpg

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Neil - Very nicely done. Would it be possible to do a similar repro on a window sticker?

Rocket65C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my decals yesterday from the British version of FedEx. They were postmarked March 25th. Not too bad for making it across the pond. The quality is very good-extremely professional looking, although I haven't actually placed the decals on my car (and I may not, at least any time soon). As a bonus, Neil sent a hat pin that has the British Viper Club logo on it-thanks Neil. The instructions are complete and show exactly were to place each decal. The only disappointment I had was that I assumed the DODGE lettering that goes across the top of the windshield on the Indy Pace Cars would be included, and it wasn't. It seems that was all Dodge gave out with the "complimentary" decals upon buying a car. Neil has graciously volunteered to send a free copy of the DODGE decal. I certainly don't fault him for not including it, I would just recommend clarifying whether you are getting the DODGE decal or not when you purchase. Assume you are not getting it. Anyway, if any are waiting to see if this is a scam, rest assured it is not; you can feel confident that you will get good quality decals for your money. Thanks again for a great service Neil. :2tu:

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, if I had a '96, I would definitely order a set. VERY nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32