How well do the aftermarket tonneau covers fit?

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting one and just curious how well they fit. Going on an 05. I talked to the shop that painted my car and they said the speedster they had (don't know brand name) was not a quality piece.

I want to get one and paint to match my car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We like the 2-pc collapsible, so you can take it along in the trunk if you have to use the soft top!

We quit carrying the one you mentioned....

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As John mentioned biggest problem is that they are not collapsable. I have a carbon one which looks great and works pretty well but there really needs to be zero chance of precip or it stays in the garage.

Andy

OP
OP

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm considering getting both. I've already ordered the 2 piece from jon. Just looking at getting another to have for those days when I take it to a cruise in or show.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm considering getting both. I've already ordered the 2 piece from jon. Just looking at getting another to have for those days when I take it to a cruise in or show.

I have the carbon low rise that Steve sells and it's ***'s for shows, people always dig it.

Here's a shot from over a year ago with it on.

Old Wheels as well:

You must be registered for see images attach

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow Andy, those photos bring back some terrific memories of your snake, "Lookin Good"!!!!

Hey Thanks Mike!

She's getting a new hood, spoiler ( low rise henessey) and an acr paint job so I should be shooting some new stuff soon. I was looking through your shoot the other day, still love that car!:2tu::2tu::2tu:

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the Autoform one but, I sold it. I really liked the look it added to the car but, with a roll bar the top didn't fit anymore. To bad it looked realy nice all painted.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the originator of the tonneau covers for the viper SRT, here is a couple of tid bits of info.

We have 3 styles of tonneau, flat, Mild (like Andy's above) and full speedster. We make and sell all 3 in both CF and in fiberglass. The main reason that we have not made any that "fit in the trunk" is the unsightly seam that ends up being in the middle of the tonneau, Autoform did an admiral job when they copied my flat tonneau and made it break apart to fit in the trunk, but it bulges in the center seam area and the combination of the seam and the bulges does not make for an attractive solution.

We do have a 3 part full speedster that fits in the trunk with the seams "hidden" along the inner edges of the speedster humps

Last edited:

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been happy with mine Steve and it does look great!
:2tu:

As the originator of the tonneau covers for the viper SRT, here is a couple of tid bits of info.

We have 3 styles of tonneau, flat, Mild (like Andy's above) and full speedster. We make and sell all 3 in both CF and in fiberglass. The main reason that we have not made any that "fit in the trunk" is the unsightly seam that ends up being in the middle of the tonneau, Autoform did an admiral job when they copied my flat tonneau and made it break apart to fit in the trunk, but it bulges in the center seam area and the combination of the seam and the bulges does not make for an attractive solution.

We do have a 3 part full speedster that fits in the trunk with the seams "hidden" along the inner edges of the speedster humps

OP
OP

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ordered one from jon, the 2 piece and a speedster from steve. We'll see how it goes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456