Hurst Shifter Group Buy, Modified to fit OEM knobs!

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Still waiting to get them back from the machine shop... I have a bunch of jobs there right now. I have been promised everything by the end of next week, but may see them before that.

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of questions about how high the shifter is with the Hurst unit, that still confuses many of us. Two questions posted today on the main board on this topic. If we could get some clear answers, there'd probably be some purchases made....me for one!

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
TZOID- I am sorry it is taking so long, but I am totally at the mercy of my machine shop. I intend to make a post when all of this is completed that will explain OEM vs. Hurst vs. Modified Hurst and their corresponding knob choices, etc.

Midgetfist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daniel - I too am interested. Looking forward to an update.

BTW... My father graduated from Sweet Home back in the day. I graduated from Hamburg. I'll be driving the Copperhead up there at the end of May for a visit (I'm in Cape Coral FL now).

~Doug

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Just talked to the Machine shop, I WILL have one before this weeks end. I made damn sure of it. lol.

Unfortunately, they put the other parts ahead of the shifters, they are completed now however.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well... the good news is that the two I have over there are done.

The bad news? They are at the machine shop and I cant pick it up until Monday! I forgot that they usually run for the door on Friday afternoon...missed them.

Who would have ever thought the simplest of all projects I have given them would turn out to be the biggest PITA of them all?

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
TZOID- A whole lot of talk... not a lot of action. I have had them available for months, but could never get enough people together to make a group-buy worth the bother. They are built on an order-by-order basis at this time. Price is 324.00 and turnaround time is 2 weeks.

Thanks,

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the Hurst/Mopar shifters come in 1/2-20 thread and fit all of the MGW Shift Knobs along with the OEM Factory Knob. I just finished installing one of our Hurst/Mopar shifter kits in Rick,s ( Yelloh ) 2004 SRT-10 Viper last month. He had previously installed a MGW Gripper Knob on thr factory OEM shifter and I transfered that knob over to the Hurst/Mopar unit. They are all 12-20 SAE thread now. MGW has 3 different heigth shift knobs availble. They are 2", 3.4", and 4.1" tall. The ball on these are 2". You may click on my photos at the left for more information or go to my web site at http://www.members.aol.com/AtroRacingTeam/PRODUCTS/AtRoRacingsProductCatalog

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
All the Hurst/Mopar shifters come in 1/2-20 thread and fit all of the MGW Shift Knobs along with the OEM Factory Knob. I just finished installing one of our Hurst/Mopar shifter kits in Rick,s ( Yelloh ) 2004 SRT-10 Viper last month. He had previously installed a MGW Gripper Knob on thr factory OEM shifter and I transfered that knob over to the Hurst/Mopar unit. They are all 12-20 SAE thread now. MGW has 3 different heigth shift knobs availble. They are 2", 3.4", and 4.1" tall. The ball on these are 2". You may click on my photos at the left for more information or go to my web site at http://www.members.aol.com/AtroRacingTeam/PRODUCTS/AtRoRacingsProductCatalog

May I ask why you are promoting your products on MY thread? You may also want to check what exactly I am selling, because you are apparently confused.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan

I honestly was not thinking about what you were selling but was just trying to shed light on the problems associated with the Hurst shifter. I was wrong of me to put my web site on your post. It has been a long day and I screded up. Again, I am truly sorry, it will not happen again.

Robbie