I am Paxton'ized....My Solution to 3 Gauges

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the Paxton installed....and wanted to monitor A/F Ratio, Fuel Pressure and Boost all at the same time.....Didn't want the A-Pillar or the Steering mount solution.....So this is what I thought of would serve the purpose.....and it does perfectly.....for me at least.....I also like how the additional gauges "adorn" the interior.....Looks almost stock....and the AC ducts are all functional.....

Attachments

• IMG00227-20090606-1708.jpg
    IMG00227-20090606-1708.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 301

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks now back to your car how does it feel paxton s/c are great arent they any dyno #s yet did you use the complete kit or tuner kit

OP
OP
R

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No dyno numbers yet....it's going for the dyno on Friday....The kit is completely stock as supplied by Paxton....no tuner stuff yet.....Interestingly it is producing much higher boost than it was supposed to (given the pulley is all stock)....Instead of 7 - 8 psi, it does go in the 10 - 12 psi range easy and has hit 13 psi at its peak ( I have a peak hold button on the Boost gauge)....

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No dyno numbers yet....it's going for the dyno on Friday....The kit is completely stock as supplied by Paxton....no tuner stuff yet.....Interestingly it is producing much higher boost than it was supposed to (given the pulley is all stock)....Instead of 7 - 8 psi, it does go in the 10 - 12 psi range easy and has hit 13 psi at its peak ( I have a peak hold button on the Boost gauge)....

hhhhmmm gage isnt reading boost rt if you were any were neer those boost # your motor would EXPLODE !!!!!! no way 7lbs yes 8 ok over 9 your done!!!!!!!

OP
OP
R

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well....the engine hasn't exploded yet :)

I guess the hp/tq numbers on the dyno will provide good indication of the boost levels.....I am keeping my fingers crossed and not pushing the car till I get the dyno done....

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
beleive me man there is no way over 8lbs you need forges internalls rods berings lifters cams and a HUGE fuel system and then maybee 10 11 lbs and thats a maybee

OP
OP
R

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear you man....I am also skeptical about these numbers....I will have the meter checked....

HensleySRT-10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can attest first hand to the power gains from the Paxton. AWESOME!!! I will warn you that it does take a little time for the computer to learn the new setup before you will get the ultimate "seat of the pants" feel from the kit. I am running the stock Paxton @ 7 psi and it comes on like a demon after about 3,800 rpms. I can't wait until the temp drops to around 50degrees or so.......hits really hard in cooler temps. Woodhouse did the install on mine and it produced 594 rwhp and 525 rwtq on their Mustang Dyno (expecting mid-600's on a Dyno Jet). Air/Fuel ratios are very safe between 11-12.:2tu:

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks okay. I wonder if the cold A/C blowing on those gauges will cause some internal condensation issues over time.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
be careful with that much boost. fuel is gonna be a bigtime issue and so are you pistons......

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gauges should be mounted high and together. It's not an aesthetic issue, but one of ocular efficency and readability at speed. A quick glance down to one spot should give you all the info you need. Real racers spin their clocks so the needles all point up at optimum performance to add just that much more efficiency in reading them. I hate to say it, but your approach goes the opposite direction. It's more about aesthetics. I don't mean to be rude, because obviously a lot of time and energy went into it, but it looks sort of ricey.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured the best spot is up in the rear view mirror cavety once the mirror is taken out. Like in Cannonball Run. "Whatsa behind you, a doesn't matter!" It is clean and out of the way.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Watch OUT!!! I do know someone else who got a paxton kit with the wrong pully. That ended his pistions in a very short time. If you are running that much your engine could die in one pull with the stock pistions.

OP
OP
R

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problems turns out to be with the boost gauge. The pulley is right size and is producing 7 psi. This was confirmed by putting in a mechanical boost gauge. The current one installed is electrical. and need to trouble shoot where the problem is. Could be the sensor, the sending unit or the gauge itself...don't know it. It is reporting twice the boost....Will call Autometer....

OP
OP
R

Raheel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gauges should be mounted high and together. It's not an aesthetic issue, but one of ocular efficency and readability at speed. A quick glance down to one spot should give you all the info you need. Real racers spin their clocks so the needles all point up at optimum performance to add just that much more efficiency in reading them. I hate to say it, but your approach goes the opposite direction. It's more about aesthetics. I don't mean to be rude, because obviously a lot of time and energy went into it, but it looks sort of ricey.

I did think of the ocular efficiency. In my previous car (supercharged), I had the same three gauges mounted on the A-pillar and I don't think it was better than the arrangement now....and I think that looked ricey.

What other arrangement could you think of where three gauges could be mounted together?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235