I am really starting to HATE my viper

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although it was several years ago, I did take Chevrolet to task on a vehicle that I bought and had nothing but problems with. I won big under Wisconsin's Lemon Law.

Your first step is to call Dept of Ag. consumer protection. They are very helpful, and will explain the process, and get you the forms if you want to proceed. It is not an overnight process but it does work. The state assigns a mediator to work with you so you can always verify with them if he/she is legit.

If you do decide to proceed, the manufacturer will not roll over so be prepared to stand up to what you believe in.

and:

Before you explode, why don't you call DC directly and explain the problems to them. Give them a chance to have someone like Tom Sessions look at the car. Tom is the service director of a dealership in N.C. and is the hotshot troubleshooter that DC uses to take care of problems. He is also the tech inspector for the Viper Racing Leage and Viper Days. Trust me, he can get ANYTHING squared away. My guess is that if you are reasonable with DC they will respond in kind by offering the help from Tom. If you'd like to call Tom directly, his number is 910 799-4210. It's a much better place to start than Lemon Laws.

Both of these give you a good place to start in a non-confrontational way. The first will help you understand your options under the WI lemon law, and the second, a chance for DCX to be given the opportunity to address your issues.

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what he is saying there are different problems so unless he starts having the same ones over and over how will the Lemon Law Help?

OP
OP
V

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I did get my car back yesterday, spent 2 hours gettibg it all cleaned up and its as good as new ...I hope. I think that I have had all of the diffrent problems you can have that seems that can happen with my car. So now I love my Viper again. Thanks for all of your support.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Luck with it Bro !!

I blew both my passenger tires on the first night of ownership of my brand new 2002 ACR (thanks to the local DOT). I was pissed, and the service tech at the local dealership said "gotta hate those omens", it almost made me want to sell the car. 3 years later, I cant imagine life without my baby. I'll give up my house (and my dad's viper, j/k dad) before letting my baby go. You'll get there soon hopefully.

Again, best of luck.

Jon
Jon

OP
OP
V

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my brand new black 04 SRT the end of May this year. Loved it. A dream come true.

2 days later the belt falls off and gets shreaded (no loc-tite)and has to get towed. Get it back 2 days later.

The next day I check the belt and its coming off again, back to the dealer, and get it back the next day.

2 weeks later the rear end breaks, shread the gears, get the car back 2 weeks later.

2 weeks after that the clutch goes with 2000 miles on it (no loc-tite)car gone again for 2 1/2 weeks.

3 weeks later check engine light goes on its the cam shaft sensor (no loc-tite) get the car back 3 days later.

Tonight driving home from a spin and the car just dies, not much of a warning. as if the cylinders died 1 by 1 within a minute then nothing. The car has power and turns over, you can hear the fuel pump go but it just would not start. Anyone eles have this promblem(s)?

Who knows how long the car will be down this time? LEMON LAW anyone. Wisconsin

And now that fall is here, not much time left for driving.

P.S. I still do love VIPERS just not mine again. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well its been a few weeks since something went wrong but here it goes!
Driving today to visit a friend and as I am leaving I here a klanking sound, take it slow, turn the corner and no power steering, pull over right away, open the hood to take a look and guess what I see? The belt off and the harmonic balancer/ pulley laying there. Yes sir the crankshat bolt fell out. It was still in the pulley. Good thing I was going slow (3-5 mph) when this happend.
Call roadside ASSistance ask/tell them what towing company to use, get alot of blah blah from them saying that they will send out who I asked for (the same ones that have hauled my car 6 other times from roadside assistance). Some other company shows up, 1st thing the driver says is "you need to sign this release form for us to tow your car claiming that we are not liable for any damages that may occour in the towing process" I said " good day to you sir".
Called R A again, 20 minutes later of "talking" they agreed to try and send out the other company.
So a nice drive turned into 4 hrs of "DODGE"

To be continued...

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blow that bastard up and have DC ship you a new one. Hell, they can hardly sell them, anyway.

OP
OP
V

Volltage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope that DC dose a buy-back. I have had my car almost 180 days and it has been in for warranty issues, counting weekends, for 45 days and counting...

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
never had a problem with my 2003 built on 06/11/2003. damn I must be lucky. Lemon Law on works if the same repair is done a certain number of times or you are without the car for so many days. Here in CT you can not tally up all the different repair days that you were without your baby

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With as many problems as you have with your new Viper, DC should really replace it. The bad publicity is not anything needed especially now with stiff competition and lackluster sales.