I am testing out 1200 degree plug wires- Pics inside.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I had some custom wires made for my Lamborghini Diablo. The wires for my Diablo are $800 on up....crazy huh? I thought so too! So if you know me, I am a person who looks for good deals and something that will last. I had some wires made for the Diablo for the fraction of the cost of the ones Lamborghini offers. Quailty wise, they seem better.

I came across a person who custom makes wires and we were talking...I asked about the Viper wires for a viper buddy.

We made some wires that are rated to 1200 degrees and are 8.5 mm that are fitted with a high temp loom and also had the boots numbers also. The lengths are correct with 135 degree boots.

I had a set made for my buddy and will test them out on his car.So we will post results later. Cost on these wires are just a bit more than the MSD wires. But let's see how they do on the test. Also we can put logos and have any color you want.

440DSC07443-med.JPG

440DSC07442-med.JPG

440DSC07441-med.JPG

440DSC07440-med.JPG

440DSC07438-med.JPG

440DSC07436-med.JPG

440untitled-thumb.JPG

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed these on my car and they ROCK! First plug wires I have installed that keep a good tach signal on the dyno... They fit better than the MSD's and the magnacores.

I will post pics when I am back in town, but these helped me reach 1380rwhp on my car!

Joseph

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Rock on! They did great on the diablo also...but I am glad they withstood the heat and power!! Thanks J!

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a set of MSD wires and am not impressed with the final fit or "lay" of the wires. They are in some cases just a bit to long or a bit to short. I some cases it's like you have an XL when you could have had a L. So if these wires are dead nuts on to the factory length, that would be a good thing.

I am interested in a set.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the same problem w/ the MSD wires. I could never route them correctly because 9 and 10 were a little too short and the rest were ALL too long. Good for a "spare" set, but not so good otherwise. These wires were incredibly fast to install and the lenghts were perfect!

I'll post pics when i am off this road trip. They are _really_ nice. AB finally did something right! :p

JD

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I talked to my guy that makes them and they are selling for $135.00 for the set. If you guys want, I will see about a "ab group buy". Are you guys interested? Let me find out...what he is willing to do them for.

DanAuito----got to be resourceful...when I first gave the guy the plug wires I let him assume they were for a Jag...asked him to copy them and no Lambo tax! LOL! I just wanted to know what a person could honestly get for these wires for at a reasonable cost than $800-900 for a wireset that Lambo wants.

Before I get a group buy together...Jdog can you send me pics please? I want to make sure the fit and finish or any kind of tweaking that needs to be done is corrected, but from the sounds of it..they fit great! Mine does also..but obvioulsy for a different car. No radio noise on my end...how about yours?

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Do we know the internal construction?

I'd like more info but at this point I am interested.

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Ole man is in ****** Dam, maybe one of these days we can meet up ab, you sound like someone who would be interesting to hang with for the day!

Dixter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can ask...I might need a set of old Gen I Mopar wires for lengths.

AB, If you get this going I can measure a stock set of Gen II wires from my
car and send you the info...

Count me in if they are the correct length and all....

Thanx

R

RTED

It is all price and demand. How about $550+ for a set of BMW 750IL V-12 OEM wires. I guess I will be making my own too!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth