I ask for help

robi68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone, can you tell me where I can buy the rear spoiler and the sliding windows for my Rt10 from 97 at a good price? Thank you

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Sliding windows might be very difficult to find, especially in Europe. My understanding is only one or two companies made them, and neither one is still making them as far as I know, so any set you find will likely be used. Somewhere like Ebay or Facebook is honestly probably going to be your best chance at finding them.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Yeah, my mom was just going through this on her gen 1. She has been looking at getting the solid windows for a longer trip she had coming up for several months and managed to stumble across some that were listed for sale here. I think it's something you kind of just have to keep your eyes and ears open for. They do come up from time to time, but it's not like there is always a set for sale somewhere unfortunately. Truthfully, I think they wouldn't be super hard to make from scratch if you can heat and bend some Lexan as they are basically just some plastic bolted to a metal frame, but the slider piece is a little more complicated to work in there. Could be worth looking into if you're really desperate for them and can find a company around you that does stuff like that. I'm picturing race car windows in my head that are basically bolted to the doors. Same idea, just on a removeable frame.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone, can you tell me where I can buy the rear spoiler and the sliding windows for my Rt10 from 97 at a good price? Thank you

There's a set of OEM sliding windows on ebay (US).

The rear spoiler an be bought new at Autoform in Michigan. It is very similar to the Dodge part

I don't think you have a '97 Viper, 97's had regular power windows, you have a side exhaust too which was on the Gen 1's, '92-'96. Good luck, Mike

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Do you all make high octane fuel?

I don't think many of us do any kind of fuel additives for octane. Octane is a tricky subject between the US and Europe though, so hard to say what's really needed. I think the factory tunes for the "lowest high grade" available if that makes any sense. What I mean by that is in the US the highest octane pump gas that you would normally see at any station would be 91 or 93 octane. 91 is much more common, so I think the factory tunes the cars to handle it. I'm not sure how the Euro petrol compares, but if you can get something that's equivalent to 91 RON (our octane measurement system) then I think you'd be fine as long as the car hasn't been modified to need anything more than that.

OP
OP
robi68

robi68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think many of us do any kind of fuel additives for octane. Octane is a tricky subject between the US and Europe though, so hard to say what's really needed. I think the factory tunes for the "lowest high grade" available if that makes any sense. What I mean by that is in the US the highest octane pump gas that you would normally see at any station would be 91 or 93 octane. 91 is much more common, so I think the factory tunes the cars to handle it. I'm not sure how the Euro petrol compares, but if you can get something that's equivalent to 91 RON (our octane measurement system) then I think you'd be fine as long as the car hasn't been modified to need anything more than that.
I ask because my RT10 is a European version and in the manual it says to use high octane gasoline.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I ask because my RT10 is a European version and in the manual it says to use high octane gasoline.

Looks like I was a tad off on my info. US uses the (RON + MON) / 2 method for calculating octane. The best I can tell from online searches, European 95 is something like 90 here. Same fuel, just different ways of rating it. What's available around you? I say "European rating", but personally I don't know if all the different countries over there actually have common ratings or not. I would assume if you can find anything 95+ (European rating style) that you should probably be okay. Better yet would be maybe 98 if that's actually readily available for you.

OP
OP
robi68

robi68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like I was a tad off on my info. US uses the (RON + MON) / 2 method for calculating octane. The best I can tell from online searches, European 95 is something like 90 here. Same fuel, just different ways of rating it. What's available around you? I say "European rating", but personally I don't know if all the different countries over there actually have common ratings or not. I would assume if you can find anything 95+ (European rating style) that you should probably be okay. Better yet would be maybe 98 if that's actually readily available for you.
Here we have common petrol (95 octane European scale) or special 100 octane petrol for high performance vehicles.
But I don't really know how many RONs it equals.

OP
OP
robi68

robi68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have another question, when I bought the car it had the Startech Kit, but here in Italy the muffler is not allowed, could I sell it? What value could it have? It's like the one in the picture.
Thank you

Attachments

• startech_viper_02.jpg
    startech_viper_02.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 7

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Here we have common petrol (95 octane European scale) or special 100 octane petrol for high performance vehicles.
But I don't really know how many RONs it equals.

If you're super concerned I would just run the 100. I doubt you'd ever have any problem with it and I doubt Dodge would have tuned the car to require fuel that wasn't readily available at petrol stations. If it's an actual European market car to begin with and not an import as well I'd be even less concerned as I would bet that Dodge tuned it for the market it would be sold in. I think you'd probably be okay with the 95 even, though I could see that potentially being a problem if the conditions are just right (or wrong depending on how you want to look at it). These aren't particularly high compression engines and they don't have any forced induction, so they shouldn't have any super high octane requirements, but doesn't hurt to play it safe if you can. I've had to put 89 octane in my car in some small towns where 91+ isn't available and I just took care to not push the engine at all until I could get somewhere that I could buy higher octane. Some people will keep a bottle of octane booster in the trunk for situations like that as well.

OP
OP
robi68

robi68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll do some tests to see how it goes.
Here there have been cases when the gasoline was diluted. :mad:

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Ah, I guess I kind of take for granted that what I'm buying is actually what it's supposed to be, but I suppose that's a good point. I live in a large enough town I'd never think to worry about it, but I could see filling up in a small rural town on a road trip potentially getting a bad tank.

OP
OP
robi68

robi68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Removing the fuel filters it is evident that there are traces of liquids similar to water, but it is practically impossible to understand where it has been placed in the tank.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Do you have a product called "Heet" over there or something similar (https://www.goldeagle.com/product/iso-heet-fuel-line-antifreeze-injector-cleaner/)? It's an additive you can put in gas that helps break down the water in fuel. I have a 71 Vette that years ago I remember being able to see actual pockets of water in the fuel tank (it has an old leaded fuel cap 3" diameter cap, so easy to see in the tank). I put some Heet in it and ran it through and it seemed like it cleaned out. It can only do so much depending on how much water might be in there, but could be a start.

OP
OP
robi68

robi68

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes we have, but I don't know if it really works, what you reported seems more serious.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper