I drove 3200 miles in 4 days!!!

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove my Viper from NYC to San Jose. I averaged 70mph including the stops (not overnight). I averaged 24 miles per gallon and did not burn oil at all!
It was a lot of fun!!! I'll have pics posted in a day. :2tu: :usa:

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great run! I guess you didn't get much of a chance to socialize with Viper brothers along the way, but still a run any Viper owner would be proud of.

What I want to know is how did you deal with throttle leg fatigue during that long a drive? :p

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first leg was 900 miles, second 680 miles, 860 miles and 730 miles. I hit a big storm in AZ and it slowed me down. I was in 6st gear all the time and was doing 80-100mph non-stop. The best part was from Flagstaff to San Jose. The road was great! I took i40 and got of on rt66 to take some pics. I have to say that it was a great drive. I wish that I had a lot more time to stop and see the great country.

OP
OP
E

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V1 saved me like 20 times. In TN I hit 8 speed traps in 20 miles. V1 never went off LOL. In CA desert I was followed by a cop for 30 min. He never was in my view as he was waiting for me to open it up. I knew that he was hiding there. I'm sure that he was pissed to see a Viper doing 65 in the desert for 30 min LOL!

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see you made it out in 4 days, now let's see you get back here in 2 lol :p

Mike

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great! How did you like the Salt Lakes area ?
However you didn`t beat my record: Mountain View-Montreal 42 hours ! (3 hours stop at the customs, 30 min lost for ticketing, 1 hour traffic jam in Reno, 2 hours lost in Oakland).
With a Dodge Stealth R/T 1995.
My breaks were done at the end of the trip.
I had to change the disks.

I have also a plan for a Trip to Bonneville(To hit 200mph with my Viper) and Las Vegas for September. Maybe after the VCA Texas meeting.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool trip! Post the pics!

V1 saved me like 20 times. In TN I hit 8 speed traps in 20 miles. V1 never went off LOL.

This seems contradictory??

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did you do it alone? I am planning to bring my new (new for me) Viper home to NY from Az in two weeks. THree days alone on the road ... no kids .. no wife...bliss!

Bruce

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you do it alone? I am planning to bring my new (new for me) Viper home to NY from Az in two weeks. THree days alone on the road ... no kids .. no wife...bliss!

Bruce

you'll get lots of thumbs up and looks. maybe you find a honey on the way and use her for a night..i know u are married so just kiddin..but hey what the heck...you will have a new life in your new viper :2tu: