I fabricated my fuel pump bracket, and tooks some pictures.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Well,

I finally got around to making a new fuel system bracket for my Weldon pump. I like how Txlen did his set up but Paolo brought up a good point about possibly getting hit in the rear panel and then cause the car to maybe catch on fire.

So What I did was mounted the fuel pump in the trans tunnel and off of my custom made drive shaft loop. It isolated with rubber bushings and we will see how it works out! I think it will do well.

It's nice having a welder...my welds are thick but strong..I'm getting better are fabercating. :D :2tu:

Here's the pics.

440DSC02787-med.JPG

440DSC02790-med.JPG

440DSC02802-med.JPG

440DSC02800-med.JPG

440DSC02803-med.JPG

440DSC02805-med.JPG

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ab,
Excuse my "ignorance", but why did you create a "ring" with the trans going thru? :p
Did you have to dis/assemble the axle as well?
Good Job on the weld :2tu:

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ab,
Excuse my "ignorance", but why did you create a "ring" with the trans going thru? :p
Did you have to dis/assemble the axle as well?
Good Job on the weld :2tu:

It's a drive shaft loop incase the drive shaft breaks, it would flop all over the place and cause damage. In this case, If it should break it won't hit the fuel system. The likelyhood of the drive shaft breaking is minimal anyways.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would you need a drive shaft loop Adam? Have you ever even had your car near red line or raced it? what's your rwhp? Tq? What are your times? I heard you bougth that "R" sticker on Ebay that mad kewl bro was pimpin'...
;)

G

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure, but it didn't appear to be too loud when I first started it up with the oil it's packed with. But I haven't ran fuel through it. When I first started it up for maybe 5 secs...it was pretty quiet. The aeromotive pump I had was way louder.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is a very nice setup. I didn't realize how narrow the tunnel is until you show a picture of a pump and some filters in there. The loop is a great idea and looks very clean.

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If the pump is too loud... with the pulse width modulator...it's shouldn't be..I will put some sound damper material inside the trans tunnel...if that is the case...I am not too worried about the sound...since my car is pretty loud anyways.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first thought was "Dayum, it's awfully heavy. Is 2" x 1/4" flat strap all the guy has to work with? It looks like a driveshaft loop to me."

Then, I looked down the page at more photos....

Duhhhh...

OP
OP
Q

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
2025....how loud compared to the aeromotive pumps? What does it sound like? The aeromotive pumps sound like gurgling type noise...does the weldon soud like alternator whine in a radio?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21