I have a Hen car

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Agreed that no one would or should criticize you, they should rather welcome you into the Viper family. Definitely get the car dynoed to see what you actually have. JH was famous for loud exhaust and only installing the mods that you can see. When I had my problems with him I had spoken to former employee's who said that MANY cars left the shop with stock internals, when the customer paid for much more. GTSjbud I hope you got the real deal, but either way just make sure you drive and enjoy your car!

Thanks for welcoming me into the Viper community!! I now feel much more comfortable knowing how people will view me with a Hen car.

I've thoroughly gone over all the parts on my car and confirmed that they are indeed Hen modified parts, etc. And the dyno numbers back everything up!

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The car was advertised as 553 HP. I will have it
dynoed eventually to see what it really makes. Anyone ever
heard of this package?

The Venom500 was probably the most popular package because
of its price. As for the car itself you absolutely need to
take it to the dyno and see the numbers for yourself. If you
are producing over 500 rwhp then you probably do have a
decent tuner car. If you have a Venom650 package producing
425 rwhp (like one of our past members) you've been
hennyscrewed.

While many here (myself included) wouldn't recommend buying
a hen car, or at the very least a thoroughly inspected and
scrutinized hen car, no one in the club will criticize anyone
for actually owning one. Many of his cars are legitimate
performers and are worth the prices paid.

GTSjbud - My only real concern is with people like yourself
diving into the deep end of the viper pool without checking
with one of the websites first. I am glad you are happy with
your car, but there was a real chance of you're first viper
experience being a really bad one.

I definitely got lucky and came out on the winning end. I have had everything verified with my own eyes and even have documentation to back everything up. So let the good times roll!!! :nana:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSjbud: actually around here alot of the "viper minds" as I like to call them will help out if you have an issue with your Hen car and help you fix any "wrongs" done to that car IF ANY (I sure hope you have NONE)

Also whoever was going to Pm the list of mods in the Venom package can you either post it here or Pm me as well, im just wondering, also if you have the mod list for the other venom models that would be great as well

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
GTSjbud: actually around here alot of the "viper minds" as I like to call them will help out if you have an issue with your Hen car and help you fix any "wrongs" done to that car IF ANY (I sure hope you have NONE)

Also whoever was going to Pm the list of mods in the Venom package can you either post it here or Pm me as well, im just wondering, also if you have the mod list for the other venom models that would be great as well

Thanks for the assistance!! I will post the details of the Hen packages for everyone to see. Cheers

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
HEN car, SVS car, Macedo car, ....... WT

Remember they are all Vipers. Enjoy the car. Congrats and Welcome.

syldogRT/10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 94 Venom 500. I love the car but have been unable to obtain info as to what was modified by Hen. If any one knows what makes it a Venom 500 please let me know!

K&N filters and Hen stickers!! Oh and the price

I also heard his Venom 1000 was a Venom 500 with a 500hp shot of NOS

Ya, all I can verify is the smooth tubes and K&n's. It also sounds like it has hi flow cats or no cats-it is extremely loud! It does have the dash badge and Venom stickers under the Viper stickeers. No headers and I have never had the valve covers off to check the rockers. I will say the car is extremely fast, but I guess all Vipers are!

P

powerstream

Thanks for the info you all have been very helpful

It seems that most people love there hennessy modified vipers.

I just have to find verification that it was a hennesey mod care
and not a pretender.

any info on doing this would be appreciated.

Thanks again, this is a great forum.

Chris Meurett

PERMABEAR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome. I have a documented Venom 650R and recently added a VEC 2 to manage a safe A/F ratio at 12:1 and still dynoed at 573 RWHP. Did 40 dyno runs in one day to redline during the tuning. Car is bulletproof. Don't worry about what other owners think. Enjoy your Venom.

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the info you all have been very helpful

It seems that most people love there hennessy modified vipers.

I just have to find verification that it was a hennesey mod care
and not a pretender.

any info on doing this would be appreciated.

Thanks again, this is a great forum.

Chris Meurett

Hey Chris,

I called Hennessey Performance to ask them about documentation for my Viper. I was told that no such documentation exists because they didn't keep any records. Having said that, the only way to tell if your car is in fact a Hennessey is to go through the car and very its components and the power it produces.

I was also told by Hennessey staff that the only way to determine if my Viper is in fact a Hennessey, I would need to send it to Hennessey for verification.

Oh, the other thing that Hennessey cars had was a serial # plaque on the console.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Jason

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I almost bought a Venom 550. The Roe blower had been removed and the SVS engine in the car dyn'd about 559rwhp n/a. However, the car was in Florida and the engine wouldn/t idle when warmed up (only 300 mi. on engine). The price also went up $10,000 when I spoke to the owner on the phone. He said that he would't pay to get it tuned, etc. I figured since SVS built the engine they should fix the tune so it idled for free since they had dyno'd it already. Anyway, I informed him that I wouldn't pay over $50,000 for a car that couldn't even idle. Then he told me that it was too fast and he wouldn't sell it to me unless I had a competition license. I bought a 720rwhp *without Nitrous) car instead.

Ted

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960